DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

prop replacement wonderment

That looks really good, We also got the black pair and there fine.
I think they solved there issues at this point.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain / Snow
Thank you Phantomrain. To be fair to MAS, yes mine had the flashing on the edge of the props, but i flew them the other day (very cautiously) and they actually flew ok.
Have now swapped them back for the new set, just in case.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
And why (other than being orange) are they any better than stock DJI props?

I got these for all my drones as quickly as i could because we hover a lot making videos of the Drone flying in the Rain.
That sound use to give me a Head Ache, and I found it impossible to talk over on the Camera .

My Neighbors complained that the sound was annoying , on the same day I got my First Pair my Neighbor asked if I got a new drone because the sound was not as penetrating.. BOOM that was a win .

After my first Pair I was sold as the tone was so much better , not the volume as that was about the same .
There are a lot of other claims made such as more power , longer flights but have not tested that out yet

I have been Testing out the Alien Dual 2 Booster antenna with terrible results. with the Air 2 I will get around to it soon after I make that Post.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain / Snow

Last edited:
@A.O. i have watched your entertaining videos of you flying up the lane and around the trees ,that you have posted, and maybe its because the sound is sometimes being absorbed by the trees ,and other times it is bouncing off them, depending on the density of the surroundings,
this will affect how that sound is perceived by your ears

You could download any number of decibel meter apps and compare sound levels. They may not be accurate in an absolute sense, but for comparisons or trend analysis should be more than adequate. Make sure the surroundings, distance and background sound levels remain constant.

I've got prop replacement sets from two different companies, no-name and MA. The MA produced props turned out to be most brittle, but they looked great and were less noisy. Performance-wise - they seem to be similar. I know, this is not a statistically significant sample size ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev