DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propeller inspection.

I am not unhappy with the DJI product but having cracks in the blades without impact is unnerving. Yeah nevermind I am unhappy with the product. Well like I said I have a new set of lo noise blades. I'll be keeping an eye on it I'll keep you posted.
i apologise if i misinterpreted your pics my props even the new ones have the same marks as i said but they do not go through they are just on the surface, are your props the ones that came new with the mav the surface texture looks different to mine

Reactions: Former Member
i apologise if i misinterpreted your pics my props even the new ones have the same marks as i said but they do not go through they are just on the surface, are your props the ones that came new with the mav the surface texture looks different to mine
No worries just look beyond the obvious. I looked at the state of my props and I was not happy with it if you are fly away.

Reactions: old man mavic
No worries just look beyond the obvious. I looked at the state of my props and I was not happy with it if you are fly away.
The props that came with my mavic are not the low noise props they are standard and they are still true. The props I am talking about are the DJI product low noise props 8551 or whatever they are they fly well. It was just a random prop inspection. I was surprised to find they all had cracks around the hub. I was just trying to share the fact that happened. I will sell you the set for $10 LOL have a good night

The props that came with my mavic are not the low noise props they are standard and they are still true. The props I am talking about are the DJI product low noise props 8551 or whatever they are they fly well. It was just a random prop inspection. I was surprised to find they all had cracks around the hub. I was just trying to share the fact that happened. I will sell you the set for $10 LOL have a good night
i was not questioning your reasons for your post it made me check my props, so to that end it was a success there are a lot of so called genuine DJI props for sale on web sites that do not match up to the ones from DJI they may have the same product no which donates pitch and diameter the problem is the low noise ones on my mavic are not 8551 props they are designated 8331f so they are different to yours perhaps you could check the no on your damaged ones to see if they are the same

Reactions: Former Member
Reactions: clovis09
Yes you are correct they are the 8331 ordered from Amazon
Just for your info ... The 8331 designation means; 8.3" diameter x 3.1" pitch ... That's the prop's specifications. The stock standard DJI Mavic Pro prop' is an 8330. Master Airscrews are 8344 ... That's the interesting thing for me, is that the MA prop's are a much courser pitch - and yet the Mavic's motors don't seem to work as hard swinging them!

Just for your info ... The 8331 designation means; 8.3" diameter x 3.1" pitch ... That's the prop's specifications. The stock standard DJI Mavic Pro prop' is an 8330. Master Airscrews are 8344 ... That's the interesting thing for me, is that the MA prop's are a much courser pitch - and yet the Mavic's motors don't seem to work as hard swinging them!
when you say work as hard do you mean RPM of MA props or current draw on the battery they ,because of the increase in pitch will give more lift for a given rotational speed i would have thought

This set of DJI magic pro low noise blades all have cracks after normal use. I just bought a new set which are fine but I figured I would look at the old ones and see how they looked and I found cracks on all four blades. Imminent failure? Probably. Inspect everything on a regular basis that you want to keep in the air. They are all on the bottom side View attachment 62329View attachment 62329View attachment 62330View attachment 62331View attachment 62332View attachment 62332
The props look like aftermarket. Am I correct?. Or is it the damage that gives them the effects of aftermarket. Just curious....

propShafted.png
Have you been picking it up by the blades?
It made me check mine and I see maybe 1 surface mark in the same spot but no split.
If you look at the area end on/edgeways is the split clearly showing?
[ed] same props 8331F on my MP

Haven't changed these since getting them last summer, I wouldn't call myself a heavy flier but have had no trouble with them.
2002-01-01_00-00-00.jpg2002-01-01_00-00-00_1.jpg
These are my 8331F showing the worst looking 1 but I notice they (blades) mostly suffer from indentation when folded tight
folded.png
as I have silicone retainers so I don't snag them when putting in the shoulder bag.

The machined metal part in the middle of yours look rough and some wear surrounding them on the plastic inner where they should be smooth.
Either they have been used not properly secured or you've bee given a dodgy set.
I would've kept the box they came in so as to check any barcodes to see if they were GENUINE!

Haven't changed these since getting them last summer, I wouldn't call myself a heavy flier but have had no trouble with them.
View attachment 62387View attachment 62386
These are my 8331F showing the worst looking 1 but I notice they (blades) mostly suffer from indentation when folded tight
View attachment 62388
as I have silicone retainers so I don't snag them when putting in the shoulder bag.
mine like yours have no damage to the hubs, its a shame that sellers on the web advertise props as DJI ones when clearly they are not they may look the same buts thats about where the comparison ends. i only purchase directly from DJI when it comes to props and batteries and have never had any issues

Did the crack cause this or the other way round?
MVIMG_20190208_152332.jpg

That does not look to be a smooth inner metal part and clearly wear marks going in a spiral fashion on the plastic

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kzenoxx