DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propeller label for FAA

Morning, afternoon, evening everyone.

I also have a skin on my Mavic (from Decal Girl). It's Multi-Cam, I would rather not ruin my skin by either writing on it with a sharpie or sticking on any label that has a high potential to tear the skin if it is removed. I like the idea of writing on all of the props. Even writing on both sides of all of the props. My contact info in the battery compartment works, lots of area to work with. I also write on on all of my batteries too. How I am looking at the FAA's request/demand, to make sure that you get you ID number on you aircraft makes some sense.
In the even of a crash, you getting your bird back would be great, but no one getting hurt is far better. Just me thoughts here....

Reactions: Jaysjob
You cannot see a spinning prop. The placement of the number is for someone e to record the number for reporting purposes.

Not true for the US. The number does not need to be readable to someone while the sUAS is in motion. I don’t know about other countries.

The FAA says the “Registration number must be visible on an outside surface of the drone.” So, putting the number on the prop meets the requirements.

The purpose of the ID number is so the owner/PIC can be identified and held responsible in case the sUAS hurts someone or damages property.

I have my numbers written on my props and have had no issues with the props used a white sharpie put it on all four props not likely you're going to lose all four if you crash

I agree. Writing it on the props is totally acceptable, and I write on the props all the time.

Folks, theres no need to make a mountain out of a molehill out of this. The answer is simple. If you want to write your FAA # on the props. just do it. If you dont want to, then you dont have to.

I agree. Writing it on the props is totally acceptable, and I write on the props all the time.

Folks, theres no need to make a mountain out of a molehill out of this. The answer is simple. If you want to write your FAA # on the props. just do it. If you dont want to, then you dont have to.
Nicely said I agree

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters