DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propeller replacement - how often?

trriley5

Reactions
Im curious as to when we should be replacing props as part of routine maintenance.

I have 20 hrs on the Mav and still using the original set. I inspect them before each flight and they appear to still be in great shape.

Im curious as to when we should be replacing props as part of routine maintenance.
Props should be replaced once you notice any sign of damage. Before each flight, carefully inspect the top/bottom of the hub, ensure the rivets are intact, and look for any damage along the edges of the prop. If all checks out, you're good to go.

Reactions: trriley5
Not until they're damaged, and then just change out the damaged prop. The great thing about dji is that you can fly with greatly damaged props. It would just wear down the motor so not advised.

Mine have been flying since Dec 2016. I check them before each flight and as soon as they have any market on them I will replace them then.

However I may just change the full set if the reach 18 months old.

Only changed some of mine after they got tangled in some ivy causing damage to the blades. Otherwise as others have said, check before flight and if in doubt, swap them out and discard.

Ran my first set for 40 hours then took the tip off one getting too close to a flag, decided to charge all 4 at that point, Mavic flew back with the tip missing, noticed it was a little noisy as it landed then saw the last 10mm missing from one of the rear props.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ang.mcleod