DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propellers turning too fast

@Dubovac ,you dont say which drone you have ,but i am guessing its one of the Mini family
it means that the props,one or more,of the motors, have become miss shaped during storage, and are not providing an equal amount of lift to each other ,the best way to fix it is to fit a new set to all the motors ,but when you first land the drone ,the motor with the deformed prop or props, will twitch back and forth and be accompanied by a bleeping sound

As @old man mavic says.
This is common on the Mini, Mini 2, and probably mini 3 drones. The propellers eventually lost their pitch and the motors need to speed up to keep altitude or lift.

The solution is to change for a fresh new set of propellers.

If it is a Mavic Mini then I think the .DAT flight logs on the phone are still readable, if you go to the website
you will find instructions concerning how to retrieve the .txt flight logs.
In the folder where the .txt flight logs are found you will see another folder with a name starting, I think, "MCDATF".
If you DO NOT sync logs with DJI then there are likely to be .DAT flight logs in the MCDAT.... folder. The time stamp in the name of the .DAT will be slightly before the time stamp in the name of the corresponding .txt flight log THOUGH the DAT's timestamp may be in the 12hr clock rather than the 24hr clock of the .txt.
If you upload a relevant .DAT to a hosting site, make the file public and post the URL here, someone may be able to tell you which motor has the deformed blades.
From memory the .DATs of the mini 2 are encrypted and can not be read.

If you want this done it would be best to fly a hover, indoors in a well lit, draft free room, well away from walls etc. and post the .DAT of that flight.

Last edited:
If it is a Mavic Mini then I think the .DAT flight logs on the phone are still readable
All dat logs from the phone are readable, no matter which drone model, but the dat from the drone aren't readable.

All dat logs from the phone are readable, no matter which drone model, but the dat from the drone aren't readable.
Strange beacuse NONE of the phone recorded DATs from my Mini 2 s (plural) are readable, I have just tired 6 DATs from 3 drones and probably two phones and for each DAT I get the attached error in CsvView.
From DatCan, only tried 2 DATS, 1 from each of two drones, for both DATs I get a 47 column wide csv, columns 1 to 30 inclusive seem to have info about the controller, columns 31 onwards appear to be gibberish.

From a Mavic Mini I get a 719column wide csv full of data.

If you know of something that can ready Mini 2 DATs please post a link to it

Attachments

• Mini 2 phone DAT's unreadable.png
    Mini 2 phone DAT's unreadable.png
    34 KB · Views: 5
I am afraid it is not a case of "maybe", something HAS changed and its a major step backwards imo.
Do you have access to an Air2s or have you flown one? If so do you have the DAT, ditto Mini SE, Mini 3 or Mavic 3.
Mavic mini DAT's are readable.

@Dubovac ,you dont say which drone you have ,but i am guessing its one of the Mini family.
[...] when you first land the drone ,the motor with the deformed prop or props, will twitch back and forth and be accompanied by a bleeping sound.

At landing, the beeping ESC and twitching motor looks like this. Replace those blades first. This was on my Mini-1.

There are links in the video comments to discussion threads as to what causes this propeller deformation.

Reactions: old man mavic
Do you have access to an Air2s or have you flown one?
I have access to an Air 2S but it's not mine. I don't have any DAT from an Air 2S, however I can fly it in a week or so, and check if the DAT file from it is readable or not.

This happen as well when I was testing how much weight can lift the Mini 2. Check the video.

I am getting a message 'propellers turning too fast' all the time. Why
I had this on my mini one and it used to bug me all the time and then I did find something that said the props at least one of them was warped and the more I looked it's because how it was stored changed the props error went away away.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki