DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Props handling

john2k

Reactions
Is it ok to be rotating the props manually when drone is off for folding and unfolding? does it not effect the motor? also, when putting the gimbal cover back on, if the gimbal isn't 100% flat can you move the gimbal by hand so the cover can go back on?

Is it ok to be rotating the props manually when drone is off for folding and unfolding? does it not effect the motor? also, when putting the gimbal cover back on, if the gimbal isn't 100% flat can you move the gimbal by hand so the cover can go back on?
Yes, you can rotate the motors without damaging them and moving the gimbal is ok as well, just be gentle with it. -CF

Reactions: ksmusa
This might sound like a silly question, but how do you guys hold the MA when you take it out of the case and the arms are folded, it seems like only way is to get your hand over it and this kind of puts pressure on the folded arms

how do you guys hold the MA when you take it out of the case and the arms are folded, it seems like only way is to get your hand over it and this kind of puts pressure on the folded arms
You're not going to damage the Mavic Air by grabbing it and lifting it out of a case.

Reactions: john2k
When you fold the front two props in sideways, does anyone not find that the props touch and rub against the grey/silver part of the body? I still have that sticker on there and I can see a scratch on the plastic film where the prob touches. I was thinking does which way the prop is rotated matter? It looks the same on both sides so whichever way I have it rotated it seems to same.

Also, i noticed that two props have white marks and other two doesn't. Are the two white ones one the same and black ones the same? If I need to change a prop any of the white one will go on any of the white one?

When you fold the front two props in sideways, does anyone not find that the props touch and rub against the grey/silver part of the body? I still have that sticker on there and I can see a scratch on the plastic film where the prob touches. I was thinking does which way the prop is rotated matter? It looks the same on both sides so whichever way I have it rotated it seems to same.

Also, i noticed that two props have white marks and other two doesn't. Are the two white ones one the same and black ones the same? If I need to change a prop any of the white one will go on any of the white one?
The white marker blades go on the white marked motors. And the non marked go to the non marked motors. That’s how you tell where each blade goes

The white marker blades go on the white marked motors. And the non marked go to the non marked motors. That’s how you tell where each blade goes

There are two white marked and 2 non white marked, so the two of each are the same right?

Reactions: MavicNoob79
@john2k, it's not possible to install the props on the wrong motors. If they don't lock on properly, then that's a sign to doublecheck the colors.

@john2k, it's not possible to install the props on the wrong motors. If they don't lock on properly, then that's a sign to doublecheck the colors.

Thanks, I was originally under the impression that the 4 props were all unique and that's why I was confused because it seems it's 2 unique pairs. So 2 identical ones with white mark and 2 identical ones with no marks.

Reactions: MavicNoob79

When you fold the front two props in sideways, does anyone not find that the props touch and rub against the grey/silver part of the body?
The props should touch on all Mavic Airs. Whether they scratch the body all depends on what you do with your Mavic Air after the props have been folded.

The props should touch on all Mavic Airs. Whether they scratch the body all depends on what you do with your Mavic Air after the props have been folded.

I will take a pic later when I get home to show you what I mean, it seems that as you are handling the drone the props will easily move about a little and if it is pressed inwards it rubs against the grey/silver body. Maybe this is because I still have the stick and the sticker adds a millimetre or so to the thickness of the body hence creating the rub.

it seems that as you are handling the drone the props will easily move about a little and if it is pressed inwards it rubs against the grey/silver body
Yep, that's what happens to all Mavic Airs (sticker or sans sticker). Keep the arms open, don't press them against the body, or remove the props if you want to avoid those light scratches.

Reactions: john2k
Yep, that's what happens to all Mavic Airs (sticker or sans sticker). Keep the arms open, don't press them against the body, or remove the props if you want to avoid those light scratches.

Is it ok to just leave those two small transparent stickers on each side so that the body doesn't get scratched there

Is it ok to just leave those two small transparent stickers on each side so that the body doesn't get scratched there
Yes.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djionas