DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Props-on in storage cover, case

lomposlapos

Reactions
Basic question: Has it ever happened with anyone that the props were bended, chipped, dislodged or otherwise become damaged, unsafe for flight while storing and transporting the Mavic 3 with it's black leathery-plastic factory DJI storage cover on and placed in a 3rd party dedicated case, like:

I know the props are tough, but the cover and the storage compartment seemingly requires some degree of "unnatural" position for them to be placed in. with blade edges and tips touching everything.

You have to make sure the prop tips are properly lodged under and inside of the plastic edges of the gimbal guard. If they are not properly secured in that manner, they can easily be damaged. I have that third party case, and as long as the gimbal guard is properly attached, that case fits better than most!

Lots of the dye cut case molds are too tight and defective and will catch the prop edges when inserting the drone or removing it from the cases.

The one you are using does not have that problem, as it is a much better clam shell design.

Last edited:
Basic question: Has it ever happened with anyone that the props were bended, chipped, dislodged or otherwise become damaged, unsafe for flight while storing and transporting the Mavic 3 with it's black leathery-plastic factory DJI storage cover on and placed in a 3rd party dedicated case, like:

I know the props are tough, but the cover and the storage compartment seemingly requires some degree of "unnatural" position for them to be placed in. with blade edges and tips touching everything.
Im only using the M3 convertible bag/ satchel that comes with the Fly More.

I haven't had any issues at all as Ive found the leather cover/strap almost seems to snap the props into place as I buckle it shut. I then slide it in the (quite roomy) slot in the OEM bag.

I would assume that it's the 3rd party bag causing you issues unless you left a prop way out of wack when you strapped it down... The strap's design is really quite brilliant.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I share yr concern but did purchase the M3Classic with the fly more kit including the carry bag. The bag is high quality, really well made but I am not comfortable stuffing the prop equipped drone into the tight compartment. I’ve reverted to a conventional hard case (Risoco) where the drone just sits in a cosy compartment.

I share yr concern but did purchase the M3Classic with the fly more kit including the carry bag. The bag is high quality, really well made but I am not comfortable stuffing the prop equipped drone into the tight compartment. I’ve reverted to a conventional hard case (Risoco) where the drone just sits in a cosy compartment.
Hmm.. Maybe your compartment is smaller than mine but I find it quite roomy. The folded and strapped M3 literally drops down into my bag's pocket. Absolutely ZERO pressing or squeezing on it in any way.. Could your bag be defective?

Hmm.. Maybe your compartment is smaller than mine but I find it quite roomy. The folded and strapped M3 literally drops down into my bag's pocket. Absolutely ZERO pressing or squeezing on it in any way.. Could your bag be defective?
I have to also got the RC PRO which is tight. Also up to 6 batteries, spare props & other bits & pieces. Concerned I might press up against the bag, hard cases do feel safer. But maybe I’ll try again, it really is a very nice top quality bag.

Last edited:
You can leave the props on in most all situations. Tight die-cut openings should be avoided. The props are tough and flexible. You've really got to be negligent to hurt them. Just use common sense. I've never removed mine and I use a variety of cases. The strap on DJI protector does a good job.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I have to also got the RC PRO which is tight. Also up to 6 batteries, spare props & other bits & pieces. Concerned I might press up against the bag, hard cases do feel safer. But maybe I’ll try again, it really is a very nice top quality bag.
Oh, I get it now...
No. I have only three batteries and one is always "cocked and loaded' so that leaves an open battery slot in the bag for my Tripletek 8 Pro remote adapter and usb cable and strobe and a cold beverage. ;)
The tablet is perfectly housed in the outside zip pocket.

My Extra props, reading glasses, and my og analog compass from the 1980s (which has over 7k miles of actual use on it) is tossed on top in the open compartment above the batteries and controller.

I can see where you would be pressed for space with the extra batteries and accessories that you carry.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4