DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 and M3 pro case compatibility

Are the custom cases for Mavic 3 (see above especially) fully compatible (size, shape) with Mavic 3 Pro?
At first look, I'd say "not fully compatible." Everything looks fine EXCEPT where you insert the drone body and from what I can tell, it doesn't appear the M3P w/cover will fit into that M3 space without a little work. It's AMZN so I guess you can always send it back if you don't like it.

If you plan on using the Mavic 3 Pro gimbal cover then neither of those will work. The new gimbal cover extends farther out in front. Additionally DJI moved the front arm hinge point back just a bit to accommodate the new gimbal size. This results in the front arms protruding farther out the back when folded.

This is my Mavic 3 Cynova case after modification for the 3 Pro. Note the slight hack job for the arms at the bottom and the extension on the front. A hard molded case like one in your second Amazon link will not work.

DarthMaviccase2.jpg

If you plan on using the Mavic 3 Pro gimbal cover then neither of those will work. The new gimbal cover extends farther out in front. Additionally DJI moved the front arm hinge point back just a bit to accommodate the new gimbal size. This results in the front arms protruding farther out the back when folded.

This is my Mavic 3 Cynova case after modification for the 3 Pro. Note the slight hack job for the arms at the bottom and the extension on the front. A hard molded case like one in your second Amazon link will not work.

View attachment 164863
Thanks, AlanL, for providing the picture of your modification. I also have a Cynova M3 backpack like yours and just purchased the Mavic 3 Pro. I have been considering doing the same thing. It’s really good to see a picture of the outcome since that gives me a lot more confidence in making the changes and knowing where and how far to cut. Did you use a foam cutting tool or something else to make the mod? Great work!

Thanks, AlanL, for providing the picture of your modification. I also have a Cynova M3 backpack like yours and just purchased the Mavic 3 Pro. I have been considering doing the same thing. It’s really good to see a picture of the outcome since that gives me a lot more confidence in making the changes and knowing where and how far to cut. Did you use a foam cutting tool or something else to make the mod? Great work!

I used some really sharp wood chisels and knives but would honestly recommend a foam cutter for a cleaner and faster job. If I had known what I was in for with the cutting tasks I would have used one. Do yank the foam insert out for this - the bottom comes off so you are cutting the outline foam only.

I do have a good snug fit with the case this way and nothing moves around while I am hiking with it but my efforts fall a bit short on the aesthetic side down at the bottom. The legs don't go straight down and the area below the motor sticks out farther than the propellers you see in the image. I had no idea of what the final shape needed to look like at the bottom when I started out. The shape of the cutout at the bottom for the folded propeller on the left is the one to copy. Do note the reshaping on the sides up near the front as well. In that modification the right hand side is the better cut to copy.

It was the right price for a case "upgrade" and it still carries my Mavic 3 snugly if I take it out instead.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keith Milligan