DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PSA: DO NOT install DJI Go4 version 4.1.4 on Android if you get it!!

Yes I am curious if Android version of 4.1.4 is now stable, I always have had the latest version on my S7E and only once have I had a problem with crashing few updates ago...Please let me know if its good to go now!

I just updated and am going to test it now. App was crashing constantly in .3 so I was ready for a change! Report to follow!

Back in late April when I purchased Mavic I stopped flying Ph3 on my iPad and started using my phone (Samsung S7Edge). Boy, was it a crappy experience. Still is, not sure if the app received some updates in the meantime, last time I fl,ew was early July. The app would become totally unresponsive in terms of taking photo or starting to record a video would take at least 10 seconds. The signal was strong, the controls responding, but anything else, no go.
I got so disappointed that I even contemplated to get an iPhone just to fly it, but as I rarely fly it, I gave up on that idea.

I see that I have 4.1.3 installed. Had to freeze the app, as it would wake itself up and drain the phone battery for an unknown reason.

I am flying with 4.1.3 on S7 and frequently experience app crashes mid-flight. Is there a consensus on what the most stable previous version is that I could roll back to? Also, when I just checked the play store I still saw 4.1.3 only.

I just got my mavic yesterday, and version 4.1.4 is THE version that is in the App Store for Android. I have a Galaxy S8 Plus and I have my resolution turned down to 1080. Only three flights so far, but everything seems good.

Reactions: RobP62
Mine is showing up as I can update also so wondering if it's good to go before I switch from .3

I flew my Mavic Pro last Saturday morning using my Samsung S5 phone and everything was just fine. Today I tried to fly and the video was choppy, software response was delayed, signals dropping out, etc., even after several restarts of the phone, RC, and aircraft! I checked the app and found that DJI Go4 had been updated to 4.1.4 !! I uninstalled the app and reinstalled from the Play Store, and have the 4.1.3 version now, and I will check the results later this morning and report back in. I looked around and did not see where I could disable "Automatic Updates" for the DJI Go4 app only, can someone provide some instructions on that please??
Same exact thing happened to me. If you read some of my posts you'll see that I went back to to previous app and it works fine

Well, I can't speak to everyone else's problems but mine has disappeared with the update. I have a S8+ running the latest software and I still have it in high performance mode. No crashes, no lag, no problems whatsoever through 2 batteries. I'm flying again this afternoon, so I'll let everyone know if that changes.

Reactions: iMario
How do you like your S8. Right now we have S5s. And they work really well. Except for the memory. And kind of slow We went down and looked at S8 yesterday and they look pretty cool. Right now Samsung is offering $150 off and another $150 trade-in so we're thinking about pulling the trigger. I was concerned about how my mavic would fly with one. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

How do you like your S8. Right now we have S5s. And they work really well. Except for the memory. And kind of slow We went down and looked at S8 yesterday and they look pretty cool. Right now Samsung is offering $150 off and another $150 trade-in so we're thinking about pulling the trigger. I was concerned about how my mavic would fly with one. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Warlock who is offering this deal roght now? We were just looking at phones.

Warlock who is offering this deal roght now? We were just looking at phones.

I like the S8 a lot. I have read that some people were having problems with the S8 and the DJI Go app, but I have not in my one day of flying. :) As a phone, it's great. But it does take some getting used to coming from an older Samsung phone.

Reactions: realitycheck
I like the S8 a lot. I have read that some people were having problems with the S8 and the DJI Go app, but I have not in my one day of flying. :) As a phone, it's great. But it does take some getting used to coming from an older Samsung phone.
Thank you for your reply

I really like the phone and the screen is good enough to keep me from using my Tab S2 to fly.

my app is 4.1.3 and I have had some disconnecting issues and choppy video, but it could be that I have a cheap phone, a samsung J3

So, knowing I have a first version of 4.1.4 I guess I should uninstall it & try the "new" version of the same app, jeez, If DJI are trying to confuse me, it has worked!
Question guys- I bought Litchi about 10 months ago when I first got the P3A, I want to add Litchi on my new Acer tablet dedicated to my Mavic, Can I add Litchi to my new machine, do I just go to playstore & try to load?
If I recall, about a month ago I went to playstore & Litchi wanted my money to download it.

So, knowing I have a first version of 4.1.4 I guess I should uninstall it & try the "new" version of the same app, jeez, If DJI are trying to confuse me, it has worked!
Question guys- I bought Litchi about 10 months ago when I first got the P3A, I want to add Litchi on my new Acer tablet dedicated to my Mavic, Can I add Litchi to my new machine, do I just go to playstore & try to load?
If I recall, about a month ago I went to playstore & Litchi wanted my money to download it.

I don't know what will happen but I know what should happen, if that makes sense. Once you purchase an app on the Play Store, you shouldn't ever have to pay for it again. Make sure you are logged in under the same account you originally purchased it.

Yes just go to play store with same account you purchase Litchi. And you can install it without paying again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King