DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Purpose of large Gimbal movement?

kruzlifix

Reactions
I am wondering in which situation one can benefit from the large Gimbal range motion the mavic air has? any intelligent flight modes take use of it?
as already was mentioned: why cannot dji let the drone fly straight with sensor pointing forward when doing POI circles or parallel tracing? [emoji848]

Last edited:
I am wondering in which situation one can benefit from the large Gimbal range motion the mavic air has? any intelligent flight modes take use of it?
as already was mentioned: why cannot dji let the drone fly straight with sensor pointing forward when doing POI circles or parallel tracing? [emoji848]

I found it helpful in my Raptor Video in panning keeping up with them. Sorry i cant be more help here but wanted to give you a post showing someone is looking at it. lol

Reactions: kruzlifix
I am wondering in which situation one can benefit from the large Gimbal range motion the mavic air has?

If you have flown other Mavics, you should have seen sudden dipping of the camera when the drone accelerates forward in sport mode or flies against strong head wind. I guess such problem should occur less frequently on the MA2 due to the larger range of gimbal movement.

why cannot dji let the drone fly straight with sensor pointing forward when doing POI circles or parallel tracing? [emoji848]

May be it needs the forward sensor to maintain the distance from the object being traced ?

Last edited:
The problem I have with your thread is that I’m not quite sure what you’re asking - sorry

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J