DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - hard landing / high speed landing

If you hold the stick fully down for a second or two more, that forces a slow landing for the last couple of feet.

Pushing the Land Now button would work similarly.
Oh, I understand that. I prefer to land manually as much as possible. I imagine that the bottom sensor changes that and at some point it will be hovering at some minimum height and require "left stick down" -- new to me. YMMV.

>Pushing the Land Now button would work similarly.
Yes it should, just asking if someone knows if it is GPS-based like a Phantom1 in RTH, or if it replies on (or incorporates) the bottom sensor information.

Last edited:
>Pushing the Land Now button would work similarly.
Yes it should, just asking if someone knows if it is GPS-based like a Phantom in RTH, or if it replies on (or incorporates) the bottom sensor information.
The only part that GPS plays in RTH autolanding for the Phantom series, is finding a spot directly above the homepoint.
GPS is not used for altitude measuring or proximity to the ground.
For earlier Phantom models with no VPS, the drone would descend until it could descend no more.

Obviously the more recent models of all DJI drones with VPS, use that for ground detection in their landings.

I prefer to land manually as much as possible.

If you want to land truly manually, you will have to turn off landing protection in the menu.
I would recommend just leaving it all as is, and land left stick down . . . that's like a controlled manual landing.

That doesn't kill motors, nor has it ever on the Mavic or other more recent models . . . the CSC does that, either both sticks inwards and down, or both sticks outwards and down.
That's the last dich safety feature to kill motors and have it dead fall where it is.
You can turn that on or off in the menu too as a precaution, it will still work if turned off, but only if the flight controller (the on board computer board) senses the drone is falling or radically out of control.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada