DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
I recently just put together my first aerial videography reel and would love some feedback. I shot in about 5 different locations around South Florida, and I'm loving my new Mavic 2 Pro. I really appreciate it!

Outstanding you did a lot with very little and even the music was not over bearing , extremely pleasant to watch.
It very motivational and the quality was really nice as I was watching it on a 34 inch monitor and looked fantastic.
Using Vimeo was a great choice really makes a difference compared to youtube I think.

Phantomrain.org
Cutting Edge Gear for your Mavic

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Most excellent! I liked it. Do some more.

Since you asked, here are my comments...
Music phrasing was spot on. Excellent panoramic yaw speeds. Good variable camera movement. Some of the gimbal rises could be slowed down slightly for the reveal. Clip length was good, but that always depends on the choice of music and it's phrasing. Some speed changes were redundant in the same clip. To hold the viewer's attention, maybe add one or two short fades (not a big deal).

Remember to use any cinematic effect because it helps to tell the story and to hold the viewer's attention, not simply because you can.

This video of similar subject (4.20 minutes) will play I think, despite message. click on "Watch on Vimeo".

Very nice video. I too film at this location. Very nice clip and especially for your first try. Good job. I am also from South Florida. Amazingly we are still allowed to film at South Beach pier and government cut but I don't think we can fly over the cruise ships going out on Sunday.

Very nice.

Most excellent! I liked it. Do some more.

Since you asked, here are my comments...
Music phrasing was spot on. Excellent panoramic yaw speeds. Good variable camera movement. Some of the gimbal rises could be slowed down slightly for the reveal. Clip length was good, but that always depends on the choice of music and it's phrasing. Some speed changes were redundant in the same clip. To hold the viewer's attention, maybe add one or two short fades (not a big deal).

Remember to use any cinematic effect because it helps to tell the story and to hold the viewer's attention, not simply because you can.

Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it. Since I'm pretty new to flying, I'm still trying to nail down the controls. I've already had some beautiful shots ruined because I'd have a nice reveal set up, then I would accidentally flick the gimbal in the wrong direction. On my more recent flights, I've slowed down the gimbal pitch even more, and it helps give more of the cinematic feel. And I'm finally starting to figure out which way looks up, and which looks down lol.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
This video of similar subject (4.20 minutes) will play I think, despite message. click on "Watch on Vimeo".

Very nice video. I too film at this location. Very nice clip and especially for your first try. Good job. I am also from South Florida. Amazingly we are still allowed to film at South Beach pier and government cut but I don't think we can fly over the cruise ships going out on Sunday.

Nice footage! Love the time-lapses. And yeah, I'm still trying to find new spots to film at around Miami. I love government cut and am probably going back to catch sunrise within the next couple days. Especially with the Port of Miami around the corner, I'm shocked we can still film there too.

Nice footage! Love the time-lapses. And yeah, I'm still trying to find new spots to film at around Miami. I love government cut and am probably going back to catch sunrise within the next couple days. Especially with the Port of Miami around the corner, I'm shocked we can still film there too.
Some Miami favorites places- try to pull into the parking lot of the seaplane base behind the children museum for great views pf downtown. NO drones allowed there since it is a seaplane base. But good for photography. Another place is under the I-395 ramp across from Parrott Jungle. Finally, I can still fly towards Brickell from underpass of Rickenbacker pullout going towards Key Biscayne. Go to the parking lot.

Reactions: kmacartney
Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it. Since I'm pretty new to flying, I'm still trying to nail down the controls. I've already had some beautiful shots ruined because I'd have a nice reveal set up, then I would accidentally flick the gimbal in the wrong direction. On my more recent flights, I've slowed down the gimbal pitch even more, and it helps give more of the cinematic feel. And I'm finally starting to figure out which way looks up, and which looks down lol.

Yeah, I’ve got my gimbal turned way down too. I’ve always had problems with accurate control of the gimbal wheel. It doesn’t give good proportional feedback to my old fingers. So I did a modification to aid in proportional movement of the wheel by adding a small lever. I can now better “feel” how much I rotate the wheel.

One of the things that really ruins a shot, and something you did well, is too rapid of a yaw. I’ve turned down my yaw sensitivity to 10. Such a low number can only be attained using a modification to the flight controller on the aircraft. Someday if you’re interested in such a thing, it can be found on this forum. Search for “Super-Patcher”.

And another thing... you seem to have an eye for good scenic presence. I struggle with that.

c6cefa236414c6db84d678de5a1f64b2.jpg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82