DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Putting my Mini 4 Pro through the paces

Then what is the problem with reading the drone's PDF ?
Did I say I read the PDFs?
My version of ADD, as I've said before, for whatever reason, doesn't put print from pages into the brain. I can read the words just fine. I can understand the words. I can even learn from the words but getting the lesson from the words is different.
I used to try. Really try. But it could get to the point that I would read many pages and have no clue, after reading them, what I had just read.

No you didn't.
But how then can you "edit" PDF's without knowing what they contain?
Ah, I understand your confusion in what I'm saying.
Just to be clear, I edit format mostly. Or Pagination, or backgrounds, etc. I don't edit content, per se. I do that in MS Word.
Also, it's not that I'm incapable of seeing words, patterns, etc. It just doesn't stick from reading.
Part of what makes me good at my job is I don't have the data stick. This actually allows me to scan very quickly for errors that are important in my line of work.
However, it was frustrating, at first, for my boss to come over and ask me a question about something right in front of my face, and me have to concentrate really hard on what I'm looking at for him to just say "Line 5". (Using an Excel spreadsheet as an example).
It's as difficult for me to explain it as it is for a dyslexic to explain what they see when looking at words. I, lucky, or unlucky enough to know what they see, though it's just as impossible for me to fully explain it. You see, I have an anomaly. I'm dyslexic in one eye.
The closest I could explain it is for someone to look at their esc key on their keyboard and then comprehend what keys are where on the keyboard. It's like your focal point is seeing things peripherally.

The letters are clear enough but in no particular order. And they seem to lay on top of each other rotating which one is on top.

Ah, I understand your confusion in what I'm saying.
Just to be clear, I edit format mostly. Or Pagination, or backgrounds, etc. I don't edit content, per se. I do that in MS Word.
Also, it's not that I'm incapable of seeing words, patterns, etc. It just doesn't stick from reading.
Part of what makes me good at my job is I don't have the data stick. This actually allows me to scan very quickly for errors that are important in my line of work.
However, it was frustrating, at first, for my boss to come over and ask me a question about something right in front of my face, and me have to concentrate really hard on what I'm looking at for him to just say "Line 5". (Using an Excel spreadsheet as an example).
It's as difficult for me to explain it as it is for a dyslexic to explain what they see when looking at words. I, lucky, or unlucky enough to know what they see, though it's just as impossible for me to fully explain it. You see, I have an anomaly. I'm dyslexic in one eye.
The closest I could explain it is for someone to look at their esc key on their keyboard and then comprehend what keys are where on the keyboard. It's like your focal point is seeing things peripherally.

The letters are clear enough but in no particular order. And they seem to lay on top of each other rotating which one is on top.
ok

Bad Santa, now that you've proved to yourself that your drone responds to all manner of abrupt and dizzying joy-stick commands, you should endeavor to master smoother, more subtle, more cinematic control inputs. Your videos will look much, much better, and people who may feel obliged to look at them will thank you.

Bad Santa, now that you've proved to yourself that your drone responds to all manner of abrupt and dizzying joy-stick commands, you should endeavor to master smoother, more subtle, more cinematic control inputs. Your videos will look much, much better, and people who may feel obliged to look at them will thank you.
Yes, of course.
The video above was nothing more than step 1. Wasn't meant to be a display of photographic skill.
We can go to youtube and see all kinds of videos made by drone experts but scant few of people doing their first exploration flight.
My second outing was a vast improvement, though still, merely, a test/exploration flight.

Took the Mini out for a flight on my lunch break. I set the controller to "normal" and went at it.
Watching the video it's not possible to see how much I was banking on the turns but the speed gives an idea.
A little bit of fall colors thrown in.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And the RTH landed it in the exact spot it took off. On my makeshift landing pad.

View attachment 178194
Tried to watch your flights but you were making the viewer sick by turning quickly in one spot. Try rounding your turns and make it easier to watch.

Tried to watch your flights but you were making the viewer sick by turning quickly in one spot. Try rounding your turns and make it easier to watch.
That would have defeated the purpose of the flight. The intent was to push it hard, not shoot a great video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dr0nk3rt