DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Q’s and A’s New Smart Controller

I spent some time in the hardware store myself... 89 cents. Mirror hanger, stainless screw and washer.15490663396718963057786101811579.jpg

Reactions: ff22
I do think DJI should have included some kind of wrist strap.
It will be interesting to see how many of these get dropped and sent back for repair.

I do think DJI should have included some kind of wrist strap.
It will be interesting to see how many of these get dropped and sent back for repair.

I don't know...the same could be said for regular controllers then.

Last edited:
I spent some time in the hardware store myself... 89 cents. Mirror hanger, stainless screw and washer.View attachment 61408

I prefer the lanyard idea since it frees up both hands. But I was not fond of the lanyard only attached to one side since the screen could turn inward hitting buttons or whatever and also sway a bit more wildly.

So far this is what I've done but it needs improvement.

IMG_20190201_1732072.jpg

I prefer the lanyard idea since it frees up both hands. But I was not fond of the lanyard only attached to one side since the screen could turn inward hitting buttons or whatever and also sway a bit more wildly.

So far this is what I've done but it needs improvement.

View attachment 61427
Camera strap directly to the loops?

Reactions: ff22
Camera strap directly to the loops?

Nah (g)

I thought about that but until reading in real "ink" I forgot about the camera strap lying on the floor of my den for the last six months (g) Plus, I guess, I wanted to make use of that costly mavmount lanyard!

lany2.jpg

Now to clip away that ghastly green landscape wire...

I think it'll be a good way to go, personally.

Covered the clip portions with a lengths of bicycle inner tube to prevent the metal from coming in contact with the glass screen. I consider the project complete unless I find some smaller d-rings.

Although, I admit I still have the 5-way doodad still protected by its foam donut after reading about the guy who tore his doodad off!

Covered the clip portions with a lengths of bicycle inner tube to prevent the metal from coming in contact with the glass screen. I consider the project complete unless I find some smaller d-rings.

Although, I admit I still have the 5-way doodad still protected by its foam donut after reading about the guy who tore his doodad off!

There are tons of mounts and thumb screws on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MTMB1IT/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1THAZDOWP300U&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MXRSRWN/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1THAZDOWP300U&psc=1

1b42fc629ccb47ead8cd978c3de7264b.jpg

048bb7c61db0026cbf6cbd6c006d7e80.jpg

I use the “Fly More” bag strap. On a cold day, needing gloves, the strap is a must for handling smart controller.

Reactions: RogerMav
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin