DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about GPS Interference

TonyPHX

Chuck Norris's drones don't crash.
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have a quick question and want to get input from others on your thoughts. Recently when taking real-estate images of a shopping complex, I found a very specific area where my M3 Pro reported loss of GPS. It happened each time I entered a very specific region of the complex and it happened at all heights from 60' to 350' AGL. The drone did not get to a switch over to ATTI mode. I had no attachments potentially blocking the GPS receiver of the drone. The stores in the area are not remarkable, so I'm just wondering - does anyone have any thoughts on what could be causing this type of hyper-local GPS interference?

I went back a week later, and same exact thing. And tried another drone (M3E, and then a Mini 4 Pro) and got the same behavior. Just kind of have this question in the back of my mind that won't go away since I had not see this before. Thanks! Diagram attached showing what I mean by specific area. The box in orange is very much exactly where the drone had severely degraded GPS count. Down to 4 I believe.
Area of Interest.jpg

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Excluding thoughts of a deliberately installed jammer.
Just an 'off the top of my head' question
Could any form of malfunctioning or incorrectly installed electrical equipment or radio equipment emit EM that could interfere with the applicable frequency?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erintse01