DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about Mavic 2 batteries

Stebbe

Reactions
Hi Guys,

I guess this topic has been beaten like a dead horse but since it seems like everyone has different opinions I´ll ask the question anyway.

I have had 3 MP1 and Always flown my batteries down to about 30% juice left and after the flights just put it back in the box regardless if I´m gonna fly the next day or after a month and my batteries have always worked perfectly.

Now I have a brand new Mavic 2 Zoom and I read that if you´re not planning on flying the next couple of days you should charge the batteries until the 3rd light starts blinking. Is that really necessary? Is the Mavic 2 batteries more "fragile" than the Mavic 1?

Furthermore, if you charge them again after flight (up until the 3rd light starts blinking) isn´t that another cycle and then you put yet another cycle on them when you charge them up to 100% before the next time you´re gonna go flying?

To cut it short, will I shorten the lifespan of my batteries if I fly them to 30% and let them be until the next flight (say maximum one month, If I know I´m not gonna be flying in several months I will charge it to approx 60% before storage)

will I shorten the lifespan of my batteries if I fly them to 30% and let them be until the next flight (say maximum one month, If I know I´m not gonna be flying in several months I will charge it to approx 60% before storage)
They will live a longer life if you store them within this range (whatever that takes):

1577444642061.png

And you follow the other tips here:
HOW TO: Maintain and store your DJI Mavic batteries

Furthermore, if you charge them again after flight (up until the 3rd light starts blinking) isn´t that another cycle and then you put yet another cycle on them when you charge them up to 100% before the next time you´re gonna go flying?
The cycle count is incremented each time the battery is charged 100% of the way. For example, a charge from 75% to 100% (or 50% to 75%) done four times in a row would equal one cycle.

Reactions: old man mavic
OK, great. Thanx for the Quick reply! So if I fly it down to say 35% and then store them for say 3 weeks that should be fine?

if I fly it down to say 35% and then store them for say 3 weeks that should be fine?
The batteries will likely still be within that range after 3 weeks. Try it and check the charge level.

the reason we say look at them after a month, is because regardless of what level the charge is at the beginning whether it is 65% or 35% the cells will naturally loose some charge over an extended period of time so if you check them once a month,you can monitor that if you check and only one light is on,then that would be the time to charge them up

the reason we say look at them after a month, is because regardless of what level the charge is at the beginning whether it is 65% or 35% the cells will naturally loose some charge over an extended period of time so if you check them once a month,you can monitor that if you check and only one light is on,then that would be the time to charge them up

Would you suggest I power on my drone in the house to run the battery down from 97% to something a lot less? I doubt I'll get to fly it now for another fortnight, so it'll just be sitting in it's box.

Would you suggest I power on my drone in the house to run the battery down from 97% to something a lot less? I doubt I'll get to fly it now for another fortnight, so it'll just be sitting in it's box.
did you get a flymore combo there should be a little unit that plugs into the battery, that you can then use to charge other stuff up with like you phone etc, if you do use the drone make sure the props are off and have a small desk fan blowing on it to stop it overheating

did you get a flymore combo there should be a little unit that plugs into the battery, that you can then use to charge other stuff up with like you phone etc, if you do use the drone make sure the props are off and have a small desk fan blowing on it to stop it overheating
Nah, no flymore combo.

I might boot it up later on my work desk and let it run down to 50% then give it a charge when I'm gonna take it out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burke_chris_001