DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about MM firmware update of batteries

Rfdillon

Reactions
Folks:
Yesterday I updated my Mavic Mini to the .5 firmware. Upon reading some threads, I learned that the batteries also need to be updated. What is the process for updating the batteries?
Thanks for all your help in advance!

Folks:
Yesterday I updated my Mavic Mini to the .5 firmware. Upon reading some threads, I learned that the batteries also need to be updated. What is the process for updating the batteries?
Thanks for all your help in advance!
I am Like you, I am still waiting on info on how to update the batteries. also how long does it take to do the update. it has been going on for a while now

1: Turn on Mini, turn on controller, start "Fly" app, dont tap "Fly", wait (it could be longer period, just wait): After a while there will be message "New Battery update". Tap: "Update", wait until it finishes, Mini will turn off, turn it on again and fly. If you have more than one battery, repeat the process.

2: Turn on Mini, connect to PC with USB cable, enter "DJI Assistant 2", select "Mavic Mini", let it connect, go to the firmware page and wait. It will say that your firmware is up to date, but that's just Mini, not the battery. Wait on that page, eventually it will say that there's a firmware incompatibility and "Update". That's battery update. Tap that button, let it update, Mini will turn off, turn it on again, check everything and fly. If you have more than one battery, repeat the process.

"
"

1: Turn on Mini, turn on controller, start "Fly" app, dont tap "Fly", wait (it could be longer period, just wait): After a while there will be message "New Battery update". Tap: "Update", wait until it finishes, Mini will turn off, turn it on again and fly. If you have more than one battery, repeat the process.

2: Turn on Mini, connect to PC with USB cable, enter "DJI Assistant 2", select "Mavic Mini", let it connect, go to the firmware page and wait. It will say that your firmware is up to date, but that's just Mini, not the battery. Wait on that page, eventually it will say that there's a firmware incompatibility and "Update". That's battery update. Tap that button, let it update, Mini will turn off, turn it on again, check everything and fly. If you have more than one battery, repeat the process.

"
"
Thanks so much!

OK. Please, let us know.
I have three batteries. The first battery I attempted to upgrade the firmware on, after about 10 minutes of being connected to the Mini did pop up the message that the battery needed a firmware update, so it completed with no problem. I replaced the battery with the second battery, connected to the Mini, and waited ~ 15 minutes, and did not receive the battery update message . So, I disconnected the controller from the Mini, and plugged it into my PC, using the DJI Assistant for the Mavic app. I then "refreshed" the Mini's firmware, which I hope updated the battery firmware. I also did this for the third battery, so hopefully all three are now updated. I guess I'll see the next time I fly and use the three batteries. I hope they all updated, but I would like to see an update butten in the app, similar to the drone's firmware and database buttons, to ensure they all get updated uniformly.

Reactions: Thomas B and Dedal
Doesnt it just update the battery once its connected to an upgraded drone and turned on?

My experience was very strange...it upgraded the 1st and 2nd batteries, but never asked for the 3rd??? Today, I’ll use all 3 batteries and see what happens.

Do the batteries need to be fully charged to do the update? My 3 are about 30%, just flew them yesterday. Usually chg. The day before I fly.

My experience with 2nd and 3rd battery with DJI Fly App was super fast. Here is what I did:
  1. Launched the app
  2. Connected the aircraft with a battery that needed updated
  3. Went to fly screen and then to options, About and clicked on Check for Updates in the Aircraft Firmware line (of course message was that the FW is up to date)
  4. Get back to the splash screen (the one with Connect Aircraft/Go Fly button)
  5. After a few seconds there was a message saying the battery FW update was needed - started update, and after few moments it was done
  6. Repeated for 3rd battery
Hope that helps someone who has not upgraded yet.

Mine took more like 10 minutes. Maybe my internet is slower. I’d start with more than 30 percent battery but I’m no expert.

The first 2 batteries updated without a problem. Not so for battery #3. I tried both methods listed above with no luck. What I haven't tried yet is to do it connected to the PC. Before I do that I'll try the suggestion of putting in one of the updated batteries, then disconnect and try the one that won't upgrade.
Seems like these things rarely go smoothly!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom