DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about propellers

>>Seems kind of low when you consider 25 minutes or so per flight. At that rate is at best 83 flight hours

If the number you had provided was 82 hours, so actually seems pretty close for DJI. Do you have a link for that 82? would be helpful in adjusting my maintenance schedule based on vendor recommendations.

Don't expect it will ever happen, but if for some reason my drone decides to just fall from the sky some day and land on someone's parked car and I have to file an incident report, if the FAA ever asks for my flight and maintenance logs, I'd rather have something that shows I'm erroring on the side of the caution.
No link unless he has a link for the "200 flights".

1 flight = on average 25 minutes

25 minutes times 200 flights is 5,000 minutes

5,000 / 60 = 83.3333 hours.

You could just log the state and wear if the props before each flight. And if you notice deformities, cracks, or chips can note you replaced the pair/set.

Reactions: LoudThunder
No link unless he has a link for the "200 flights".

1 flight = on average 25 minutes

25 minutes times 200 flights is 5,000 minutes

5,000 / 60 = 83.3333 hours.

You could just log the state and wear if the props before each flight. And if you notice deformities, cracks, or chips can note you replaced the pair/set.
I was actually agreeing with you because I had run the numbers too, not everything is a debate.

Reactions: LoudThunder
You have been given a great deal of sound advice, but while you are "screwing" with your props, also check those screws, they should all be tight with none backing out. While you are doing that, rotate each motor by hand, they should feel like they are pumping over little pistons (that’s the way brushless motors feel as the magnets pass over the stator [the windings that you can see inside the motor]). All four motors should feel about the same way, with the same feel, the same force to rotate them. And after a long flight, they should all feel about the same temperature.

And my advice is if you are saving that little propeller screwdriver that you received with your drone, don't… It is not high quality and the handle does not allow for getting a good grip, so I advise you get yourself a better choice. A while back a lot of good suggestions were put forth as replacements…

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian