DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about repeater for amplified setup

solidhouse

Reactions
Hello,

I’m hoping someone here has experience or knowledge about radio frequency in regards to amplified antenna setups.

I currently have an amplifier and antenna setup for my DJI drones. It’s work fantastic at increasing range. However, I have to hook SMA cables from the radio side of the amplifier to the remote.

I would like to be able to use various remotes going forward without have to take them apart and modify them.

Is there any way to replace the direct cable on the radio side of the amplifier with a device such as a repeater? I see Autel is doing something similar with their A-Mesh network so it does seem possible.

Thanks,

SH

Hello,

I’m hoping someone here has experience or knowledge about radio frequency in regards to amplified antenna setups.

I currently have an amplifier and antenna setup for my DJI drones. It’s work fantastic at increasing range. However, I have to hook SMA cables from the radio side of the amplifier to the remote.

I would like to be able to use various remotes going forward without have to take them apart and modify them.

Is there any way to replace the direct cable on the radio side of the amplifier with a device such as a repeater? I see Autel is doing something similar with their A-Mesh network so it does seem possible.

Thanks,

SH
If it worked as well, such a setup would have replaced the risky/expensive SMA cable mods to all our DJI RC's. You'll still need to open up and mod all your remotes for the same performance with the amp and external antenna setup.

Reactions: solidhouse
If it worked as well, such a setup would have replaced the risky/expensive SMA cable mods to all our DJI RC's. You'll still need to open up and mod all your remotes for the same performance with the amp and external antenna setup.
That was kind of what I was thinking. Everyone would be doing a wireless setup if it actually worked. I’m going to experiment with this anyways and post my findings here.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Hello,

Thanks,

SH
Hi what kind of setup you have for the DJI drones. Been looking into something like this. You mind sharing what you use??

Hi what kind of setup you have for the DJI drones. Been looking into something like this. You mind sharing what you use??
I have a Mini 3 Pro, Mavic 3, and Matrice 300 all with modified controllers with SMA connectors. I run a cable from the controller to the input on a 20w 2.4ghz sunhans amp. The output on the sunhans goes to an 18DBI direction Yagi antenna on a 30 pole.

Reactions: redserv
I have a Mini 3 Pro, Mavic 3, and Matrice 300 all with modified controllers with SMA connectors. I run a cable from the controller to the input on a 20w 2.4ghz sunhans amp. The output on the sunhans goes to an 18DBI direction Yagi antenna on a 30 pole.
Awesome!! Thanks for replying. I will look into this

Awesome!! Thanks for replying. I will look into this
Also, I’ve went into more detail about my setup in another post below:

Reactions: redserv
Also, I’ve went into more detail about my setup in another post below:

Will definitely check it out

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members