DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about selling in classifieds..

Max L

Reactions
How are most people recieving payment? Im selling a MA2 in the classifieds soon and want to make sure of a few things...
1) paypal account or vimeo account to receive payment? Wife already has a vimeo.. so could use that.
2)when you receive payment in vimeo or PayPal thats it? Its ok to mail out the drone? Want to be sure I dont mail out the drone, then the payment is stopped or cancelled and I get screwed.

When I sell anything online it’s always been PayPal and when I get it I ship it. They do take a % so keep that in mind. That and be sure or I do they have to sign for it if much money is involved.

Reactions: Max L
How are most people recieving payment? Im selling a MA2 in the classifieds soon and want to make sure of a few things...
1) paypal account or vimeo account to receive payment? Wife already has a vimeo.. so could use that.
2)when you receive payment in vimeo or PayPal thats it? Its ok to mail out the drone? Want to be sure I dont mail out the drone, then the payment is stopped or cancelled and I get screwed.

I'm guessing you mean Venmo? Vimeo is a video sharing site.

Regardless, Venmo is more for sending money between friends and family, I don't think they offer much in seller or buyer protection if a deal goes wrong. PayPal has seller protection that can help you if you meet certain criteria, so I'd suggest using that.

Reactions: Max L and dirkclod
We just had a very discussion about Pal Pay in yesterday's forum. I am a proponent of Pay Pal. Yes, they take a small commission but they facilitate the entire sale for both the seller and the buyer and they protect each side. Sign up for free. Establish a source such as your bank account routing number or a credit card. You can follow all transactions on line. They can withdraw or deposit funds in your account of choice. They will not release payment to you until buyer is satisfied. They will insist you refund money if buyer is unsatisfied and demand you return money and then you get your item back.

My most recent transaction (sold an Osmo Mobile 2 on e bay) went badly. The buyer was too stupid to understand how to pair the Osmo Mobile 2 to the DJI Go app and said it didn't work. Despite me sending him a detailed You Tube video how to do it, he still couldn't pair the two devices and claimed it didn't work! I had to refund the money. When I got the Osmo Mobile 2 back, it worked perfectly. I am still using it, and in fact, just did a presentation in this forum (Fairchild Gardens) with great Osmo Mobile 2 footage.

My point is, both sides are protected a lot better than hoping for honesty. Trust but Verify.

Reactions: Max L and dawgpilot
We just had a very discussion about Pal Pay in yesterday's forum. I am a proponent of Pay Pal. Yes, they take a small commission but they facilitate the entire sale for both the seller and the buyer and they protect each side. Sign up for free. Establish a source such as your bank account routing number or a credit card. You can follow all transactions on line. They can withdraw or deposit funds in your account of choice. They will not release payment to you until buyer is satisfied. They will insist you refund money if buyer is unsatisfied and demand you return money and then you get your item back.

My most recent transaction (sold an Osmo Mobile 2 on e bay) went badly. The buyer was too stupid to understand how to pair the Osmo Mobile 2 to the DJI Go app and said it didn't work. Despite me sending him a detailed You Tube video how to do it, he still couldn't pair the two devices and claimed it didn't work! I had to refund the money. When I got the Osmo Mobile 2 back, it worked perfectly. I am still using it, and in fact, just did a presentation in this forum (Fairchild Gardens) with great Osmo Mobile 2 footage.

My point is, both sides are protected a lot better than hoping for honesty. Trust but Verify.
Thanks! My biggest worry is being "scamed" in some way as in my item wouldn't be returned and the payment stopped or cancelled.

I personally have always used PayPal to buy/sell items and have never really had any problem. That being said, PayPal will side with the Buyer 95% of the time if there is a problem.
PayPal also takes 3% off the top of any money a Seller receives unless the Buyer sends the money as "Friends and Family" where there are no fees and no real protection for the Buyer.
When I sell something, I usually ask, in my Ad, that a Buyer be prepared to pay the PayPal fees so I as Seller can receive the whole agreed upon amount. I NEVER ask anyone to pay as "Friends and Family". If a Buyer chooses to do so, that is a decision that the Buyer makes.
Here is a link to a PayPal Fee Calculator that I use so if a Buyer asks, I can tell him what the fees are. https://salecalc.com/paypal?p=0&e=0&f=0&l=us&r=0&m=0&c=0
For Members of this Site, I also offer to accept Personal Checks as payment as I assume that as Members here, there already is a source of trust. I tell my Buyers that I wont ship until after I receive the Check and it clears but I end up shipping once I receive it instead. I know as a Buyer myself, I hate to wait!
Finally, if I'm selling or buying something from someone here, I make a point of trying to interact with him/her via Messaging just so we can be comfortable with each other. Usually I end up making a friend too!
Hope this helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure