DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about the Lowepro DroneGuard BP 200?

spy007

Reactions
Hi, everyone

English is not my native language, please forgive my English expression may not be good enough. I asked Lowepro but I didn't get a reply. I hope someone with this backpack can answer.

This problem has been bothering me for a long time. I have a laptop/ultrabook ideapad 720s 14 inches, width 22.3cm, I really need to know whether it can be put into the BP 200 backpack?

DroneGuard BP 200

I know that the width of the inside of the backpack is 22cm, but I don't know if the difference of 0.3cm will affect it?

Because the BP250 is too big for me, I really want to know if my laptop/ultrabook can be put into the BP200?

Thank you for your answer.

Last edited:
The BP200 does not have a laptop sleeve on the back at all like the BP250 does. The rear sleeve on the BP 200 is designed for a "mini tablet" (probably an iPad Mini) or small hydration pack, not a laptop/ultrabook.

The BP250 can take up to a 15" laptop and also has a tablet sleeve, but unfortunately the tablet sleeve is sewn in and only accepts 9.7" iPads or smaller. The laptop compartment itself would easily accommodate your laptop, and is slightly raised off the ground so when you set your bag down, it does not contact the ground.

The BP250 is quite a small bag still - I am not sure if you've seen one in person but it's very shallow which gives it a slim profile compared to a normal backpack or a camera/DSLR backpack. The BP200 is of course smaller yet and not designed to carry a laptop - I don't think you're going to get a 14" laptop in there.

Also if you ever get the Smart Controller you will need the BP250 if you want it protected in the main compartment.

If you want the smallest possible bag that can also carry your drone and laptop, take a look a the Peak Design Everyday Sling 10L - it can take a laptop measuring 31.4 X 21.9 X 1.8cm which might work for you.

Also your English is quite good :)

Reactions: spy007
The BP200 does not have a laptop sleeve on the back at all like the BP250 does. The rear sleeve on the BP 200 is designed for a "mini tablet" (probably an iPad Mini) or small hydration pack, not a laptop/ultrabook.

The BP250 can take up to a 15" laptop and also has a tablet sleeve, but unfortunately the tablet sleeve is sewn in and only accepts 9.7" iPads or smaller. The laptop compartment itself would easily accommodate your laptop, and is slightly raised off the ground so when you set your bag down, it does not contact the ground.

The BP250 is quite a small bag still - I am not sure if you've seen one in person but it's very shallow which gives it a slim profile compared to a normal backpack or a camera/DSLR backpack. The BP200 is of course smaller yet and not designed to carry a laptop - I don't think you're going to get a 14" laptop in there.

Also if you ever get the Smart Controller you will need the BP250 if you want it protected in the main compartment.

If you want the smallest possible bag that can also carry your drone and laptop, take a look a the Peak Design Everyday Sling 10L - it can take a laptop measuring 31.4 X 21.9 X 1.8cm which might work for you.

Also your English is quite good :)

Thank you for your kind replyThumbswayup

I was surprised because I saw the sharing of the Turks! It turns out that can plug in a 13-inch laptop directly.

The forum does not allow me to put a link, I have to replace with the name. 「LowePro Drone Guard Bp200 artıları ve eksileri ile incelemesi」Interested people can search.

I searched for this thick laptop in the video, it should be an old MacBook. If I am not mistaken, this should be a 2011~2014 MacBook 13" with a width of 22.7cm, which is wider than my laptop!! So I was daring to guess that maybe the BP200 can hold my laptop?

By the way, I know that Peak Design Everyday Sling 10L also appreciates your recommendation, but at work I have to find a double shoulder strap and compact backpack.

2019/05/07 update

At first I was worried that the BP200 couldn't fit my laptop. It turns out that there is no problem with the 22.3 cm laptop width. And the backpack has a very good texture and equipment protection.

I hope the above information can help those in need.

Last edited:
I searched for this thick laptop in the video, it should be an old MacBook. If I am not mistaken, this should be a 2011~2014 MacBook 13" with a width of 22.7cm, which is wider than my laptop!! So I was daring to guess that maybe the BP200 can hold my laptop?

By the way, I know that Peak Design Everyday Sling 10L also appreciates your recommendation, but at work I have to find a double shoulder strap and compact backpack.

2019/05/07 update

At first I was worried that the BP200 couldn't fit my laptop. It turns out that there is no problem with the 22.3 cm laptop width. And the backpack has a very good texture and equipment protection.

View attachment 71708

I hope the above information can help those in need.

thank you that was exactly what I was looking for!

the new macbook air should fit:

Depth: 8.36 inches (21.24 cm)

Reactions: Droniac
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803