DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about the mavicpro rth

Izzy1965

Reactions
Hello,
As stated with the title, I have a pretty simple question about the rth on mavicpro (and probably applies with the other models). Let's say the drone is at 100 feet altitude and your rth altitude setting is set to 20 meters (66 feet). Does that mean that upon commanding the drone for rth while at 100 feet, that it will rise another 20 meters (total of 166 feet) before heading back and landing to the take off point? Reason I ask is I live in the city with buildings around and just in case I try to do some flight around, that I will not have to worry about any collision. Thank you and sorry if this has been discussed and answered before.
Izzy

Let's say the drone is at 100 feet altitude and your rth altitude setting is set to 20 meters (66 feet). Does that mean that upon commanding the drone for rth while at 100 feet, that it will rise another 20 meters (total of 166 feet) before heading back and landing to the take off point?
If the drone is below the RTH height you have set, it will climb to the RTH height before returning home.
If it is above the set height, it will just return at the height it is already at.
RTH height is relative to your launch point.

Hello,
As stated with the title, I have a pretty simple question about the rth on mavicpro (and probably applies with the other models). Let's say the drone is at 100 feet altitude and your rth altitude setting is set to 20 meters (66 feet). Does that mean that upon commanding the drone for rth while at 100 feet, that it will rise another 20 meters (total of 166 feet) before heading back and landing to the take off point? Reason I ask is I live in the city with buildings around and just in case I try to do some flight around, that I will not have to worry about any collision. Thank you and sorry if this has been discussed and answered before.
Izzy
The RTH height you set in Go4 is a minimum. The Mavic Pro manual - DJI Mavic Pro – Specs, Tutorials & Guides – DJI - explains RTH quite comprehensively from page 13 of the version 2 manual.

Let's say the drone is at 100 feet altitude and your rth altitude setting is set to 20 meters (66 feet). Does that mean that upon commanding the drone for rth while at 100 feet, that it will rise another 20 meters (total of 166 feet) before heading back and landing to the take off point?
When RTH is initiated, the drone will climb from the altitude displayed at the bottom of DJI GO (100 feet in this case) up to the set RTH altitude before returning to the home point. If already above that altitude (like in this case), it will fly back to the home point at the current altitude. If the current altitude is negative, the drone will climb up to zero feet, then up to the set RTH altitude, and then return home.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan