DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question for anyone with a MP 2 and fly more, battery charging

Paul2660

Reactions
Has anyone used the multi charger adapter from the fly more combo on the new batteries. On the Mavic Pro Platinum, the 3 battery charger strip, charges 1 battery at a time, but when one is fully charged, it moved to the next battery.

On the Mavic Pro 2 strip that came with my drone, 3 batteries attached, it charges 1 battery, but seems to just stick on the one battery and not move on to the next one. My batteries all had 2 lights of charge, so around 50%. The one battery sat blinking 4 lights, in series, the way you know a battery is charging, and for over 30 minutes it stayed with all 4 blinking. I finally pulled it off the charger strip and it showed 100%. Once I pulled it off the next battery started to charge.

Just curious if anyone else is seeing this or their charger is moving on to the next cell as expected.

Thanks
Paul C

Interesting, I've had the "forever" charging LED issue with my (original) Pro maybe once or twice.

Do you know if this is consistently reproducible yet? Possible it's just a random failure of the charging logic on the batteries.

It actually happens with either charging solution. I took the last battery and just ran it straight to the charger not the strip. It was 2 lights when I started. After 30 or so minutes, all 4 lights were working in series, which tells me it's almost charged. 1 hour later same thing, net it never seemed to shut off.

I took it off the charger, and hit the indicator button, which showed all 4 lights, fully lit.

Then placed it back on the charger, but it would not start charging, which is what a fully charged Mavic or P4 battery should do.

So it seems for me, currently they don't have the fully logic to shut down after reaching a full charge.

I have not started up the drone yet as I was trying to download the full manual, which is currently not available on the dji site.

Paul C

It actually happens with either charging solution. I took the last battery and just ran it straight to the charger not the strip. It was 2 lights when I started. After 30 or so minutes, all 4 lights were working in series, which tells me it's almost charged. 1 hour later same thing, net it never seemed to shut off.

I took it off the charger, and hit the indicator button, which showed all 4 lights, fully lit.

Then placed it back on the charger, but it would not start charging, which is what a fully charged Mavic or P4 battery should do.

So it seems for me, currently they don't have the fully logic to shut down after reaching a full charge.

I have not started up the drone yet as I was trying to download the full manual, which is currently not available on the dji site.

Paul C
Ah they still have the same jerky games with the batteries I see. I have 1 Mavic battery that is unusable, just says "battery authentication failed". It's a perfectly good battery with <10 charges on it. Dead because of dumb "intelligence". I'm surprised the manuals are down. Maybe they are revising them already. I have them saved on my home computer though.

Pg. 7 of the instructions say to charge the batteries with the provided charger to charge and activate the first time. I wonder if using the hub for the initial charge is somehow different and messes up the activation process.

Pg. 7 of the instructions say to charge the batteries with the provided charger to charge and activate the first time. I wonder if using the hub for the initial charge is somehow different and messes up the activation process.

I suspected something gets authenticated and it’s supposed to pass through the hub. I always charged my Mavic batteries through the hub.

However, I put my MP2 batteries on the hub and they are all charged without issue.

my gang charger seems to be working as expected...charges the least depleted then moves on...have run through all 3 of my batts without problem and they're back on the charger with the remote now...guess at least 2 more batts are in my near future

Hi guys. New to MP2 I’d like to buy extra batteries but I’m not sure if the batteries in the fly more combos and others listed for sale are the extended flight batteries for the MP 2 or just regular Mavic batteries. Can’t find specific markings. Thanks

New to MP2 I’d like to buy extra batteries but I’m not sure if the batteries in the fly more combos and others listed for sale are the extended flight batteries for the MP 2 or just regular Mavic batteries. Can’t find specific markings.
DJI doesn't make extended batteries for the M2P. You can buy spare batteries here on Amazon or here in the DJI Store.

what allows for the extended flight time if not the batteries
Are you comparing the flight time of the M2 to the MP? If so, the MP has a 3830 mAh battery and the M2 has a 3850 mAh battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dee_Trott
Has anyone used the multi charger adapter from the fly more combo on the new batteries. On the Mavic Pro Platinum, the 3 battery charger strip, charges 1 battery at a time, but when one is fully charged, it moved to the next battery.

On the Mavic Pro 2 strip that came with my drone, 3 batteries attached, it charges 1 battery, but seems to just stick on the one battery and not move on to the next one. My batteries all had 2 lights of charge, so around 50%. The one battery sat blinking 4 lights, in series, the way you know a battery is charging, and for over 30 minutes it stayed with all 4 blinking. I finally pulled it off the charger strip and it showed 100%. Once I pulled it off the next battery started to charge.

Just curious if anyone else is seeing this or their charger is moving on to the next cell as expected.

Thanks
Paul C
others replied - i will not add here anything new... on mine it is working as it should - charges them all sequentially, it takes time but works.
this charger is a way better solution:
Amazon.com: RCstyle Mavic 2 Charger,RCstyle 5 in 1 Rapid Parallel Battery Charger Multi Battery Intelligent Charging Hub Compatible with DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Mavic 2 Zoom Accessories: Toys & Games

I hear that the more the batteries are used the better their performance? Is this true? Im new to the drone community. Thank you.

The flymore supplied charge hub seems to work as expected. Charges sequentially. I put the battery suppled with the Mavic, the two from the combo pack and one extra on it for first ever charge and have been using since with no issues.

You might be a little eager. The charging state depicted by four lights flashing takes the longest. The charge board is in constant voltage mode and supplying low current while also performing cell balancing.

The pack you took off prior to completion probably isn’t fully charged. I would turn it on prior to connecting to the charger to force it to complete charging.

Paul C
Need to leave it on the charger longer. What its doing is balance charging your cells and this can take anything from 30 minutes to an hour after battery has reached full charged. If after an hour it still hasn't switched off then it's a good indicator that your battery is starting to fail and a cell is going bad and is well out of balance. It also can cause battery power failure when flying leading to crash.

The "activation" simply means getting it out of hibernation. When shipped, SoC is around 60% and in hibernation. Hibernation means the electronics are disconnected from the battery, which means power from the charger is needed to power up the electronics and reconnect the actual batteries.
Many laptops are also shipped this way.

The "activation" simply means getting it out of hibernation. When shipped, SoC is around 60% and in hibernation. Hibernation means the electronics are disconnected from the battery, which means power from the charger is needed to power up the electronics and reconnect the actual batteries.
Many laptops are also shipped this way.
The SOC will enter hibernate when pack voltage goes below a preset value. The batteries actually arrive in shipping mode shipmode_enable flag set in production turning the batfet off. There is no connected load on the cells in this state. Even hibernate will check cell parameters occasionally drawing some power.

Are you sure about that? I seem to recall reading that to get out of hibernation, you have to connect charge power. It will go into hibernation in about 30 days or so of inactivity.

Wow this is a thread from the past.

No problems any more with battery. Moved on from the DJI charger.

Paul C

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centrespot