DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question on Asteroid Mode

tcope

Reactions
I'm working on combining some quickshot modes into a video and in the process, testing the modes. Is it just me or are things a bit..... backwards on the Asteroid shot?

Even the video demo from DJI show it going from a tiny planet, in toward the subject. However, I'm pretty sure this mode actually works in reveres. Am I missing something?

When I open the .MP4 file that's created in Asteroid mode, it starts at ground level and then rises to the round planet.

When I open the .MP4 file that's created in Asteroid mode, it starts at ground level and then rises to the round planet.

Same here. I watch the file created on the SD card and the shot goes from ground level, up. Same way that the Air flies the mode.

Same here. I watch the file created on the SD card and the shot goes from ground level, up. Same way that the Air flies the mode.

I think if I remember correctly during the stitching the app shows a “reversing” progress. I’m assuming that is just how it works.

same question from me - on my SD card the asteroid shot starts low and zooms back out to the planet

I tried to download the video via the edit section of the DJI app whilst connected to the drone still and it told me it can't download 4k video - I'm guessing if you shoot in 1080p then you can download the asteroid shot via the DJI Go 4 app and it reverses it then ?

Reactions: bluntnose
same question from me - on my SD card the asteroid shot starts low and zooms back out to the planet

I tried to download the video via the edit section of the DJI app whilst connected to the drone still and it told me it can't download 4k video - I'm guessing if you shoot in 1080p then you can download the asteroid shot via the DJI Go 4 app and it reverses it then ?

Why can't it download 4k Video?

I would imagine, in order to play back in 4k I would need a video card that could read that (and a display too) ... but to record to a device or move a file to a hard drive, seems unlikely 4k would matter. I was intending on using an outdated phone, a Samsung Mega with only 720 max res ... are you saying I cannot record past 720?

I would imagine, in order to play back in 4k I would need a video card that could read that (and a display too) ... but to record to a device or move a file to a hard drive, seems unlikely 4k would matter. I was intending on using an outdated phone, a Samsung Mega with only 720 max res ... are you saying I cannot record past 720?

Mavic Air only record 720 on phone, and 4K on se card on drone, I don’t own a Mavic Air but long time a go I use an Htc on Mavic Pro and I can transfer files 4 k but not edit or play
Here some info
4K support on Smartphones - Playback, Recording & Display

Reactions: MavicAirMike
you can record to an SD card in whatever resolution you want, and stick the SD into a computer and read it and play it (obviously only displaying in the max resolution of your display)

you use a phone or tablet when flying via the controller, and whilst flying the DJI Go 4 app records the video sent back via the screen (so you get any break ups in footage, and the res is lower than may be recorded on the SD card in the Mavic itself). In the edit section of the app you have the option to download the footage for a recording from the SD card to the app (i.e. higher quality than what was transmitted back in realtime) if your app is still connected to the Mavic - on my iPhone X it won't let me download the asteroid shots if they are shot in 4k, so I'm guessing its got a limitation set and if I shoot in 1080p it will let me download the asteroid quick shot.

Reactions: MavicAirMike
The best way I've figured is to email it to myself after rendering the shot. It comes out as intended. If you pull it off the phone it's ground up .Stupid

I'm working on combining some quickshot modes into a video and in the process, testing the modes. Is it just me or are things a bit..... backwards on the Asteroid shot?

Even the video demo from DJI show it going from a tiny planet, in toward the subject. However, I'm pretty sure this mode actually works in reveres. Am I missing something?
Same here when I downloaded to my pc! So I opened the file on gopro app and set it to play in reverse. There you go! Save the file as you want in the end... 4K, vimeo res, etc... Hope this helps! :)

Interesting... whenever I have used asteroid it always starts at ground level and flies away. I've always had to reverse the clip manually to get it zooming back to its start location. I mean it would make sense that it's supposed to be the other way around with a name like "asteroid"...

Interesting... whenever I have used asteroid it always starts at ground level and flies away. I've always had to reverse the clip manually to get it zooming back to its start location. I mean it would make sense that it's supposed to be the other way around with a name like "asteroid"...

Yes, exactly. Even the new Air manual states this is what it does. However, DJI's video claims it flies down and records. I'm wonder if DJI changed this (my guess) after they made the video or perhaps if Android is different then iOS.

I'm using Android and it flied up and records.

U can reverse the effect so u can have it start at ground level and go into sphere or reverse simply. Hit playback button, download sphere pano...now on upper left side hit the button on screen its like a circled arrow. This will play it in reverse.... atleast on android

I don't even get asteroid mode as an option, even though I can use other smart shot effects. What am I doing wrong?

I don't even get asteroid mode as an option, even though I can use other smart shot effects. What am I doing wrong?
Is your firmware up to date? I know there are a lot of missing features with the shipped firmware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming