DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question on fly zones

Reactions
Super new flyer here. I just bought my first drone a Mavic Mini. I reviewed my location in the DJI fly app and am seeing these warnings. I guess I am wondering before I actually set my drone up if I am going to have issues every time I want to fly my drone by my house. Will I have to get an authorization code and get approval everytime before I can fly? Do these warnings just mean I have to acknowledge that I am responsible when flying in these zones? I don’t want to go any further with my unboxing until I can figure this out. Anyway, I appreciate any and all feedback on this.

my location is in the De Pere, Wisconsin area324C936A-568A-4DAF-9C75-467DCCC5C692.pngB77B2EC5-05AD-4AF5-AD7F-40B48FCC1F7B.png

If you can't look at a sectional you might want to check out Airmap or Kittyhawk apps. DJI maps are more generic and don't show all restricted airspace.

No expert but looks like you need some authorization. I don't do LAANC and avoid rec flying in that kind of area. Just me. It looks fairly busy.
green bay.JPGgreen bay 1.JPGScreenshot_20200904-215556_AirMap.jpg

Because of your proximity to the Green Bay airport, Yes, you need authorization every time before you fly. Additionally you need to check NOTAM for any TFR every time before you fly. Having an authorization code from an automated system doesn't mean it's okay to fly !!! A temporary flight restriction maybe in place for a bunch of different things like an accident, fire or political convention. Nothing will get you in more trouble quicker than flying over a bureaucrat. Getting the drone confiscated would be a lot less painful then the fines, civil penalties.

Because of your proximity to the Green Bay airport, Yes, you need authorization every time before you fly. Additionally you need to check NOTAM for any TFR every time before you fly. Having an authorization code from an automated system doesn't mean it's okay to fly !!! A temporary flight restriction maybe in place for a bunch of different things like an accident, fire or political convention. Nothing will get you in more trouble quicker than flying over a bureaucrat. Getting the drone confiscated would be a lot less painful then the fines, civil penalties.

I wouldn’t be flying north towards the direction of the airport but just south and wouldn’t come close to 400ft. So is the authorization the automatic authorization or is it just an acknowledgement

A good thread to read:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes