DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question Regarding Mavic Pro Repair Quote

Reactions
Hello,

I just have a quick question regarding a repair quote for a Mavic Pro. A few months ago I had an unfortunate encounter with a tree. The gimble/camera was torn from the drone's body and there was some minor cosmetic damage to the upper front portion of the drone.

I sent the drone off to a company called "fortressuav" for repairs. A few days later I received an email from them saying both the gimbal/camera and esc board required replacement. The gimbal/camera replacement is obvious enough, however, I was wondering if the esc board replacement makes sense given the damage to the drone? It's my understanding that the esc board is the main circuit board attached directly to the underside of the drone. Considering the damage to the drone is on the upper/front portion with no apparent damage to the lower shell, it simply strikes me as strange that the esc board is dead. To be clear, I have no reason to believe fortressuav is deceiving me, it just seems a little odd given the context of the crash. It was a fairy high speed collision, however, so I suppose it's possible the esc board was damaged simply due to the shock of the crash.

Any thoughts on this issue would be hugely appreciated. Thanks in advance to any who respond.

-Ryan

Reactions: Former Member
Only thought I have is to ask @Thunderdrones . He does all my stuff .

Thanks for the reply. I'll look into that. Does he do repairs himself?
Yes and I flagged him and he will see your post . He is a Vender here that does repair work and has always been more than fair with me .

Any high speed collision with any object have highest probably that the inside of the drone has damages as well. You are only see the outside damages but the circuits, cables inside may had been impacted as well.

Any high speed collision with any object have highest probably that the inside of the drone has damages as well. You are only see the outside damages but the circuits, cables inside may had been impacted as well.

I agree. Given the context of the crash this is certainly a possibility. Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

Any chance they meant the gimbal control board that mount on top of the gimbal and not the esc board? If the gimbal is torn off, chances are good that the adjacent gimbal control board is damaged as well.

Any chance they meant the gimbal control board that mount on top of the gimbal and not the esc board? If the gimbal is torn off, chances are good that the adjacent gimbal control board is damaged as well.

That's an excellent thought, but I'm almost certain they meant the esc board. In addition to the gimbal/camera, the esc board is listed specifically in the quote and the price corresponds very closely with what they're going for online - about $65. The gimbal/camera is quoted at $350, so I'm pretty sure at that price it includes the gimbal control board. Speaking of which, at $350 for the gimbal/camera, I'm pretty sure I won't be going with them unless they allow me purchase the parts independently and send them in for installation. It looks like you can get the camera/gimbal with gimbal control board included for about $150 on ebay. Fortunately, this particular item seems to be the only cost inflated item, the rest of the parts/labor seem very reasonable. Thanks a bundle for your response.

I'm sorry I must have misunderstood your OP, so you have't sent it off yet.
If that was the case I would definitely wait for Thunderdrones to log on and
see this .
Here's read this Repair costs at Thunderdrones

Thank you @dirkclod for mentioning me.

OP, I try to repair components instead of replacing them. If there is no chance of repair, then I look for the most economical way to replace it.

@dirkclod has already posted my repair thread, so if you want a second opinion, I can take a look at it for you.

I'm sorry I must have misunderstood your OP, so you have't sent it off yet.
If that was the case I would definitely wait for Thunderdrones to log on and
see this .
Here's read this Repair costs at Thunderdrones

Actually, I have sent the drone off for repair. I'm currently in consultation with fortressuav. However, if things fall through with them I'll just request they send it back. Thanks again for your input, I truly appreciate it.

Thank you @dirkclod for mentioning me.

OP, I try to repair components instead of replacing them. If there is no chance of repair, then I look for the most economical way to replace it.

@dirkclod has already posted my repair thread, so if you want a second opinion, I can take a look at it for you.

Thank you very much for jumping in. Fortressuav presently have my drone. However, if things don't work out them you'll be the first I turn to. Thanks again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones