DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Questions about New mavic air purchase

njsarge

Reactions
Hello I am going to buy a mavic air fly more combo. Had a couple of questions:
Which vendor to buy from that is an authorized dealer? Live in nj.
Is dji care worth the money?
Any other things I should buy?

Can you use an iPad mini with he mavic air controller?

I have one I use to fly my sons phantom 4 and was considering buying one for the mavic air.

Thanks for the help

Hello I am going to buy a mavic air fly more combo. Had a couple of questions:
Which vendor to buy from that is an authorized dealer? Live in nj. I bought from Advexture. Great experience. There maybe be good dealers on the east coast too.
Is dji care worth the money? I am going to pass on DJI Care.
Any other things I should buy? I just bought battery covers. But really with the Fly More you don't have to have anything else.

Can you use an iPad mini with he mavic air controller? You may need an adapter like for the larger iPads.

I have one I use to fly my sons phantom 4 and was considering buying one for the mavic air.

Thanks for the help

Which vendor to buy from that is an authorized dealer?
If you want to buy online, you can find authorized DJI dealers with Mavic Airs in stock here:
Buy A DJI Mavic (Deals Updated Daily)

DJI keeps a list of authorized DJI dealers on their website here. If you want to buy a Mavic Air in person, you'll find all available nearby sellers there.

Is dji care worth the money?
It is if you need to use it. Like all insurance, you take a gamble up front when buying it.

If you're not sure of the benefits of DJI Care Refresh, then check out the DJI Care Refresh FAQ for more details. And you can find lots of existing threads on this topic in these search results.

Any other things I should buy?
If you're referring to accessories, check out my must-have list for the Mavic Air here.

Can you use an iPad mini with he mavic air controller?
I personally find the remote controller a bit awkward to hold when the iPad Mini is inserted into the arms. Here's what it looks like:

image-fb2c2a1b.jpg

If you try that and don't like it, then you could pick up one of these commonly used remote controller mounts:

FStop Labs

Hooshion or SKYREAT Extended (see it in action here)

MavMount (see it in action here)

PGYTECH (see it in action here)

Last edited:
If you want to buy online, you can find authorized DJI dealers with Mavic Airs in stock here:
Buy A DJI Mavic (Deals Updated Daily)

DJI keeps a list of authorized DJI dealers on their website here. If you want to buy a Mavic Air in person, you'll find all available nearby sellers there.

It is if you need to use it. Like all insurance, you take a gamble up front when buying it.

If you're not sure of the benefits of DJI Care Refresh, then check out the DJI Care Refresh FAQ for more details. And you can find lots of existing threads on this topic in these search results.

If you're referring to accessories, check out my must-have list for the Mavic Air here.

I personally find the remote controller a bit awkward to hold when the iPad Mini is inserted into the arms. Here's what it looks like:

View attachment 35781

If you try that and don't like it, then you could pick up one of these commonly used remote controller mounts:

FStop Labs

Hooshion or SKYREAT Extended (see it in action here)

MavMount (see it in action here)

PGYTECH (see it in action here)

Thanks for the information.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cobra443