DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick Question

swoodhall

Reactions
Hi There,

Just a quick question, would the following minor damage to my props......

qYXoTmiDxC30MCXFXi0g_NYhmVIdkI-pizxzasY6l7vDwEw4bGf49KWFautlUknmaEzqvUVSAsh0PjEmLJVyn1GVY9c1rfEqtSa16FO-VXFr1-3PiODRfdYrbO0MQfI6rsJRnuOMlA0

OgwO8FzAuVRe5Phqk7Ybpt4vuBRGgHbO06ounX2fVCV5sa4I4XKLzxKYNbf5PJi2KBH7mOPg7DjSSnmxV-f7L138cAS3Zj4lau5lZjlJchVpehSSVYsB6NjssFNDzK4cNPlL4i1byno

Cause the following vibrations to occur?

Thanks for your time..

Steve

I would say no. But I have never experienced that problem. Someone will be along shortly with other thoughts. In the mean time, search this forum for gimbal vibration.

Doesn't matter. Damaged props are damaged props. Replace them immediately.

Do you have another set to try out? Secondly, whatever caused the damage to your props may also be the contributing factor to the vibrations.

Thanks Guys..

The props were damaged by the aircraft landing next to a plastic sleigh lol.. and they briefly clipped it. I have new props on the way so will give em a go.. I have had similar vibrations on the cam/gimball from my old props too, that also had slightly damaged tips. I need to buy like 10 sets, I don't have much luck with props.

As said above ... All Ways replace damaged props .... that will add some vibration to the rotation of that motor

Damaged props : always cause balance issues. If props are out if balance vibrations occur. Vibrations cause bearing wear in the motors and poor quality video . Even if you slightly chip a prop replace it or invest in a good balancer and rebalance immediately. Can be done with sand paper, toe nail clippers and sometimes crazy glue for those that need to add weight to one side of a prop.

Hello all and to swoodhall I too have notice a slight curl at the lagging edge of two my rear props as your picture shows
but I haven't hit any thing but I do keep them on the mavic when I put it away but I haven't seen any vibrations like ur video shows, I would like to add ...these are great but extremely fragile on the rotor tips .... for now on i will remove all props before storing in my Mavic bag .

While not downplaying the importance of good props, this looks like an issue with the gimbal. Gimbals are supposed to absorb vibrations in the aircraft. There are tons of tutorials out there about it. Just google “Mavic Pro gimbal wobble”. There is an issue where the gimbal base can get hung on the frame and that can cause this issue

While not downplaying the importance of good props, this looks like an issue with the gimbal. Gimbals are supposed to absorb vibrations in the aircraft. There are tons of tutorials out there about it. Just google “Mavic Pro gimbal wobble”. There is an issue where the gimbal base can get hung on the frame and that can cause this issue

The gimbal can only do so much it a prop is seriously out of balance.

Reactions: Zyskman78

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky