DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quickshots Circle question

hedbonker

Reactions
From the videos I have seen it appears to do a single 360 around the POI - Is that true? If so, is there another mode, that lets it circle multiple times? Also does it maintain it's current altitude when you start the mission? I understand it maintains distance based on where it's at when it starts.

Also can you adjust the diameter of the circle?

On the M2P, which doesn’t have Quick Shots, you can do a circular hyperlapse but it orbits at such a far distance from the target that you don’t get a good result or it flies further away than you might expect.

Also can you adjust the diameter of the circle?

On the M2P, which doesn’t have Quick Shots, you can do a circular hyperlapse but it orbits at such a far distance from the target that you don’t get a good result or it flies further away than you might expect.
Looking at videos on Youtube it would appear that the diameter is set by the initial position of the drone relative to the selected POI. None of the videos I looked at indicated if you could just have the move repeating and if the initial altitude is what it would use.

You would have to use one of the better software platforms such as Litchi or Drone Link or Drone Deploy .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

From the videos I have seen it appears to do a single 360 around the POI - Is that true? If so, is there another mode, that lets it circle multiple times? Also does it maintain it's current altitude when you start the mission? I understand it maintains distance based on where it's at when it starts.
Simply use Cruise Control, after setting the sticks manually for the radius of the circle you wish it to fly and the speed, at the altitude you desire. Cruise Control locks those stick positions, and it will fly around your POI continuously, until the battery is exhausted as it performs low battery RTH or lands in place, or until you cancel Cruise Control.

Locks the sticks?

So CC will continue in the same direction and altitude whe it was engaged?

Will obstacle avoidance operate in CC?

You can then operate the gimbal manually?

Locks the sticks?

So CC will continue in the same direction and altitude whe it was engaged?

Will obstacle avoidance operate in CC?

You can then operate the gimbal manually?
Correct. Whatever the current stick positions are becomes locked when you press the Cruise Control button. Make sure there is no vertical component to the stick inputs to maintain the altitude when CC is engaged. OA works as long as you are not in Sport mode when activating CC. The gimbal control is independent of the CC stick position locking, so you can make any corrections as needed in gimbal elevation without affecting your CC. You can also make manual temporary changes to the "new locked zero" stick inputs that temporarily override the CC settings, which, can become the new permanent CC settings if you then repress the CC button. Otherwise, when you let go, it reverts back to the original CC stick inputs.

Sounds like CC is the way to go. Will give it a shot - Thanks gents!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Simply use Cruise Control, after setting the sticks manually for the radius of the circle you wish it to fly and the speed, at the altitude you desire. Cruise Control locks those stick positions, and it will fly around your POI continuously, until the battery is exhausted as it performs low battery RTH or lands in place, or until you cancel Cruise Control.
So just to make sure I understand correctly - You start your orbital flight using the sticks and then trigger cruise control. That about it?

What an awesome feature!

Keep in mind though that with this method nothing is being tracked, so there will likely be some drift, and the subject may get off-center or even out of frame.

Nice that you can use the sticks to make temporary adjustments, and correct. Just don't think this is as fully automated as the helix function – you'll have to do the fine-tuning to track the subject effectively.

What an awesome feature!

Keep in mind though that with this method nothing is being tracked, so there will likely be some drift, and the subject may get off-center or even out of frame.

Nice that you can use the sticks to make temporary adjustments, and correct. Just don't think this is as fully automated as the helix function – you'll have to do the fine-tuning to track the subject effectively.
Yes, it is an awesome feature that is far more powerful than simply maintaining a speed like in a car.

Any drift in the POI framing is easily corrected independently of CC, either with the gimbal elevation and +/- 5° lateral adjustment capability, or a tweaking of the cruise control settings.

I am fairly sure in active track POV it will continue doing circles until you stop it.
And you can use your sticks and gimble as you wish to create different shots. All while the drone is locked on doing circles.
More accurately, the active track POV will keep the chosen subject centered in the field of view, regardless of the movement of the drone. It should work together with a manual continuous orbit in a circle. However, I don’t believe active track POV and Cruise Control can be combined, as they are two separate types of control that would immediately conflict.

Lots of new and different tools in the DJI tool box that can now be leveraged and sometimes combined to do almost anything you can think of!

Reactions: monchan
You can also lock in the speed at which it circles?

Can you set up a slow orbit and then turn on hyper lapse while it's already moving at the speed and angle you want?

You can also lock in the speed at which it circles?

Can you set up a slow orbit and then turn on hyper lapse while it's already moving at the speed and angle you want?

Interesting question, but from a different angle: Does CC work in Hyperlapse Free mode? Someone with an A3 want to try?

The budget is making the A3 look like it'll be from Santa at this point. Couldn't put off new tires any longer, ate up the A3 fund.

Interesting question, but from a different angle: Does CC work in Hyperlapse Free mode? Someone with an A3 want to try?

The budget is making the A3 look like it'll be from Santa at this point. Couldn't put off new tires any longer, ate up the A3 fund.
CC works in Hyperlapse free with my M3 Classic. Straight, angle and curve. It SHOULD work with the A3 also.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661