DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rain Suits

Montana John

Reactions
I have an offer to help out with some construction/remodel inspections, but it looks like it will be raining and snowing here for the next week. So I that got me thinking of a rain suit (for the bird, not me). Any ideas? Do they work, problems, downsides, better brands?

The only rain suit I've seen for the Mavic Pro is the wet suit made by @Phantomrain.org. I cannot recommend it from experience since I've never tried one.

Assuming it's not going to rain/snow the entire day, maybe you'll find a dry window long enough to make the needed flights.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I have an offer to help out with some construction/remodel inspections, but it looks like it will be raining and snowing here for the next week. So I that got me thinking of a rain suit (for the bird, not me). Any ideas? Do they work, problems, downsides, better brands?
My recommendation is to wait till you have some dry weather. Don't risk your craft to the elements.

The only rain suit I've seen for the Mavic Pro is the wet suit made by @Phantomrain.org. I cannot recommend it from experience since I've never tried one.

Assuming it's not going to rain/snow the entire day, maybe you'll find a dry window long enough to make the needed flights.
I wish that could work, but it's 90 minutes to the site.jo

We do offer a Wet Suit that is essential if you plan on flying in the rain or the snow because of how vulnerable they are to getting water in the battery.

Almost 2 years ago we started off with the Plastic idea and gave up on it based on Diminishing GPS signal., wind flutter , parts falling off , we than went to a a 3mm Neoprene Suit with a plastic Zipper and that was also to much for the GPS signal to thrive.

Thus we settled on the 1.7mm Neoprene suit , with a weight of 0.3 ounces proved to be very successful for both the Phantom and the Mavic series.

What makes the Wet Suits really a great accessory is that they offer a lot of other benefits to the drone besides protecting it from the rain.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your drone in and out of the Storm.

We also kept it looking pretty cool looking
We offer a Forum special price so you can
Email me : [email protected]
440-315-4803

I bought the phantomman rain suite and sold it. I had no desire to cover the batteries in such away that would make changing batteries hard to change. Last thing I want to do is have a water resistant battery possibly disengage and drone fall out of the sky. I would not buy the phantomman rain suite.

Reactions: Former Member
I bought the phantomman rain suite and sold it. I had no desire to cover the batteries in such away that would make changing batteries hard to change. Last thing I want to do is have a water resistant battery possibly disengage and drone fall out of the sky. I would not buy the phantomman rain suite.

As for Thunderdrone rain suite can’t say yea or nay since this is my first exposure to his suite. I am sure it is awesome as everything he does drone wise is awesome. :)

Hey Rich this is the Phantonman, I love all the names, not.

So did you buy this wet suit blindly , we only have 50 videos explaining how the Battery Seal System works and how if you forget to undo the seal when your first put it on the battery is not coming out. Thus the word Seal.

Also let me look up your purchase and see the details on that and if something does not add up for me, we will refund you .

I found this: I think a phone call to me would have went a long way, most likely got you a refund explaining your age and all..,
I got a grand father that does not even want to tie his shoes anymore , I get it. . ..

Last Thing I want to say: Impossible for a battery to disengage thus the word again SEAL seems you got that mixed up.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in and out of the storm.
coal

Last edited:
This is the # 1 Video on the Phantomrain.org Website showing how the Mavic battery seal Works , understanding how it works powerful.

We made 8 more videos showing how the Prop Covers work and the vent covers, , use of the compression band and tips.

We have been thrilled with how easy it is to work with the Mavic 2 Wet Suits, and everyone should watch this video, its good and nothing about the Wet Suit is bad for your drone.

If we would have designed a Wet Suit that would have not been able to be folded back up that would have been a total failure.

Fortunately we paid attention to the details that make the Mavics so easy to work with.

Last edited:
I got caught AGAIN in a rainstorm in Utah last week. It took me about a minute to get her down. The wind was brutal. I could have used one of these.

Reactions: Former Member
I understand the use of a rain cover to protect the electronics in wet weather but just wondering about rain drops on the lens. The footage would probably be unusable anyway on that basis.

Reactions: HighlandsVideo
What flying in rain or the rainx. I'm way out of warranty anyways. All the critters come out during rain that's what I film mainly.

PhantomRain was running a forum special, not sure if he still is.

When I did my leg covers, I placed it just far enough inside the hinge area to just seal and not impede any of the hinge movement. The hinge has full extension.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent