DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Random Loss of signal for short periods of time - VLOS, no interferance

Yaros

Reactions
Hello!
Recently I have done a flight, it was in a rural environment, close to the sea, no obstructions. But I was losing signal 3 times randomly, for a couple of seconds, while the drone was in VLOS and pretty close.
I had Wi-Fi and Bluetooth off on my phone to prevent interferance.

What might have caused that?
Here's the log on Airdata:

Reactions: mereflyer
Unfortunately nothing conclusive will be revealed out from the flight log when it comes to reasons for connection glitches. The reasons for interference can be numerous... at least your RC quickly reconnected & not as described in many other threads here at the forum where they lose connection, the craft RTH, lands & a restart of both craft & RC is needed to get them connected again... all in those cases points to firmware/app problems.

Did you measure the WiFi bands where you stood? Can easily be done with an app like WiFi Analyzer on your phone. How about WiFi home networks in the closest houses there (red circled below)..? How did you point the RC? 2,4 or 5,8MHz? And was it interference on the RC or the craft side?

1669733019290.png

Reactions: twickers14
Did you measure the WiFi bands where you stood? Can easily be done with an app like WiFi Analyzer on your phone. How about WiFi home networks in the closest houses there (red circled below)..?
I didn't measure the WiFi bands because I didn't think much of it while I was there, I just thought it was odd and that's it.

2,4 or 5,8MHz?
Dual-Band (Auto)

And was it interference on the RC or the craft side?
I don't know that...

However, after this flight I did fly another time, this time just beside the houses circled in red below, and no disconnections whatsoever, pretty good signal.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98