DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 (sometimes) suddenly gives ATTI warning, but GPS signal is white.

monchan

Reactions
So this has happened to me about 3 times, for no reason that I can understand.
I live in the boonies, always at the coast or mountains, no metal or anything that could cause
interference. Get a verbal warning and I think an onscrean warning too. But the gps signal is white
and the drone is rock solid, no drifting at all. I was expecting to flew manual home. Then it went back to normal after a short time.

Twice it happened while the drone was fairly close to me, one time it was a distance away.

It has happen at least 3 times, but I didn`t keep track of when.
Should I contact DJI, or is it something that might happen from time to time?
Thanks.

So this has happened to me about 3 times, for no reason that I can understand.
I live in the boonies, always at the coast or mountains, no metal or anything that could cause
interference. Get a verbal warning and I think an onscrean warning too. But the gps signal is white
and the drone is rock solid, no drifting at all. I was expecting to flew manual home. Then it went back to normal after a short time.

Twice it happened while the drone was fairly close to me, one time it was a distance away.

It has happen at least 3 times, but I didn`t keep track of when.
Should I contact DJI, or is it something that might happen from time to time?
Thanks.
If you post your flight data, that might help work out what's happening.

Just a thought, do you have a strobe light attached that could be interfering with GPS/GNSS ?
The fact it's happened 3 times, and you get white satellite icons makes me disregard sun flares..
So sounds like a firmware re-install needed perhaps
Bewildering otherwise

Reactions: Xitor
and you get white satellite icons makes me disregard sun flares..
Solar activity has never caused anything like this for anyone.
So sounds like a firmware re-install needed perhaps
No ... a firmware refresh won't do a thing to address the issue.
The best idea is to look into it to identify the actual issue and possible causes.

Reactions: Cafguy
Yep, share the log so we have some kind of facts to go on.

It's some more to this though... the description of the incident doesn't add up.

The color on the sat icon should come out from, or go in parallel with a calculated value showing in the log which is called gps level... in this calculation much is involved such as the compass, IMU computations & different DOP values (dilution of precision) coming from the GPS.

The ATTI mode also comes out from similar values & calculations... & a trigger for ATTI is usually a result of, or comes in parallel with that the gps value goes to zero... and/or, that the VPS sensor can't step in & provide a horizontal position hold.

The combination of a white gps icon & a message about that the drone goes into ATTI mode seems very odd.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies. Just a quick question to do with the logs. I have no idea when this happened, I`d say over the last three months or so and I have flew a bit. Would that be hard to find? Should I see if it happens again and record the day and time? Don`t know much about logs and don`t want be people going through heaps of data. Is it easy to go through logs and find something like that?

I have no idea when this happened, I`d say over the last three months or so and I have flew a bit. Would that be hard to find?
It depends on how many flight logs you need to look through.

If you use Flight Reader, you can sync your flight logs to the DJI Cloud in DJI Fly, download them from the DJI Cloud and process them all at once in Flight Reader, and open the generated CSV aircraft log and search for the word "ATTI".

Or if it's not too important, you could wait for it to occur again. Flying in ATTI mode can be dangerous though if you don't understand what's going on, so it's a situation you really want to try to avoid.

Reactions: monchan
It depends on how many flight logs you need to look through.

If you use Flight Reader, you can sync your flight logs to the DJI Cloud in DJI Fly, download them from the DJI Cloud and process them all at once in Flight Reader, and open the generated CSV aircraft log and search for the word "ATTI".

Or if it's not too important, you could wait for it to occur again. Flying in ATTI mode can be dangerous though if you don't understand what's going on, so it's a situation you really want to try to avoid.
Ok. I`ll do as you said during the week. When I find the word ATTI, then just attach that file here is that right?
Thanks for your help.

When I find the word ATTI, then just attach that file here is that right?
Yes, you can attach the TXT flight log file here.

@jedpause I've never heard of an issue being resolved by re-installing the same firmware either. Now, upgrading the firmware could certainly introduce some new bug fixes and potentially resolve issues.

Reactions: BigAl07
thanks to everyone for your input and advice. I don`t want to be the cause of beef between members.
So let me try and get those logs, then someone with the knowledge of how to understand them can
give maybe a certain reason for what happened. Thanks again too all. will try and get the logs up over the next few days.

@jedpause I've never heard of an issue being resolved by re-installing the same firmware either. Now, upgrading the firmware could certainly introduce some new bug fixes and potentially resolve issues.
I am thinking of a potentially corrupted previous install... I have done this on my old Air 2S some while ago after errant behaviour and my problem went away... May have been coincidence.. I will never now

Every digital transfer can get corrupted. It happens quite often. Sometimes it is an inconvenience. Sometimes, it is a complete brick. Refreshing the install many times writes the complete and correct information correcting any mistakes.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Every digital transfer can get corrupted. It happens quite often.
Are you referring to digital transfers in the computer world in general? Or only referring to installing DJI firmware updates?

I don't think DJI firmware updates are quite often partially installed. In fact, I'm not even sure the drone would function properly if a firmware update was partially installed.

Are you referring to digital transfers in the computer world in general? Or only referring to installing DJI firmware updates?

I don't think DJI firmware updates are quite often partially installed. In fact, I'm not even sure the drone would function properly if a firmware update was partially installed.
In the digital world in general, not just DJI or computers. ANY digital file can be corrupted. Just ONE false bit can cause problems, for instance, a 0 instead of a 1. It happens all the time. Ever see a small glitch while watching TV?

Ever see a small glitch while watching TV?
Indeed. However, installing firmware is a bit different since TVs are designed to continue on when they lose packets of data. Most modern installation software can detect failures and notifies the user when those failures occur.

But, I digress. My comments above still stand. Reinstalling DJI firmware to fix a previously successful installation is not common practice.

Indeed. However, installing firmware is a bit different since TVs are designed to continue on when they lose packets of data. Most modern installation software can detect failures and notifies the user when those failures occur.

But, I digress. My comments above still stand. Reinstalling DJI firmware to fix a previously successful installation is not common practice.
There are MANY instances reported here and the DJI forum that say otherwise.

There are MANY instances reported here and the DJI forum that say otherwise.
I haven't seen them. Feel free to link several examples from this forum if you'd like to dig in further.

Ok, I gave flight reader a go, not sure I am using it correctly. I am not sure when this GPS message happened.
My pc won`t open the aircraft CSV log. But I found one instance where it was connected to 23 satellites
and it says no GPS or weak signal. (30002) It also says obstacal sensing not avaialable at night. but it was 10am full sunshine.
I found many with weak GPS signal warning, but with 11-13 satellites connected. I never fly without checking for white satellite icon, why would I get a warning? The last file is from a day I did not even fly 2024/01/09.

If I get that ATTI warning again I will be sure to make note of the day and time.
Please let me know if something is strange in these logs. Or if I just don`t understand the drone enough.
Thanks.

Edit.. I used the attch files button, but cant see the files? Is that the right way to do it?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas