DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range limitations CE and FCC... going over?

[Quote = "mimoid, post: 13734, miembro: 1744"] Bueno, en Suecia el gobierno hizo las cosas muy fácil simplemente prohibir todos los aviones no tripulados de la cámara equipada en el espacio aéreo sueco. Problema resuelto.

Así volar mi fantasma (y luego llegar Mavic) ahora se considera un delito, como el tráfico de drogas, robo, Arsen, violación u homicidio.

Como nunca he sido un criminal antes, es todo un poco nuevo para mí y no estoy seguro acerca de los procedimientos correctos ... qué necesito estar usando un máscara de Guy Fawkes?

/// Tom [/ quote]
Una solución seria que cada uno compra un cx cheerson 10 cuesta $ 20 y requisarlo ley Empiese y escribir informes para sólo $ 20 jajaja. caos grave

How to change fcc ce? . In drone mavic. Thanks a greeting from the Canary Islands

If the Mavic works like the Phantom, the throttling of the output power is based on the geographic location (GPS or GLONASS coordinates) of the drone paired with the remote. To change this would require you hack into the remote and alter the code. Probably doable, but definitely not easy.

/// Tom

Reactions: scooot
[Quote = "mimoid, post: 13734, miembro: 1744"] Bueno, en Suecia el gobierno hizo las cosas muy fácil simplemente prohibir todos los aviones no tripulados de la cámara equipada en el espacio aéreo sueco. Problema resuelto.

Así volar mi fantasma (y luego llegar Mavic) ahora se considera un delito, como el tráfico de drogas, robo, Arsen, violación u homicidio.

Como nunca he sido un criminal antes, es todo un poco nuevo para mí y no estoy seguro acerca de los procedimientos correctos ... qué necesito estar usando un máscara de Guy Fawkes?

/// Tom [/ quote]
Una solución seria que cada uno compra un cx cheerson 10 cuesta $ 20 y requisarlo ley Empiese y escribir informes para sólo $ 20 jajaja. caos grave

Sorry I don't speak Spanish.

/// Tom

If the Mavic works like the Phantom, the throttling of the output power is based on the geographic location (GPS or GLONASS coordinates) of the drone paired with the remote. To change this would require you hack into the remote and alter the code. Probably doable, but definitely not easy.

/// Tom
okay. It would be helpful tutorial. Thank you

[Quote = "mimoid, mensaje: 15159, miembro de: 1744"] Lo siento, no hablan español.

/// Tom [/ quote]
I feel it is my translator

If the Mavic works like the Phantom the throttling of the output power is based on the geographic location (GPS or GLONASS coordinates) of the drone paired with the remote. To change this would require you hack into the remote and alter the code. Probably doable, but definitely not easy.

/// Tom
okay. It would be helpful tutorial. Thank you

Not sure if we are talking past each other... I mean that it might be done if you are one of those hackers who can tap into a sealed memory chip without onboard programming ports, reverse-engineer a bunch of heavily encrypted machine code to find out how the power management works and find a way to alter the code so that it bypasses the GPS-based throttling... well, you may find it easier to build your own drone from scratch.

/// Tom

Not sure if we are talking past each other... I mean that it might be done if you are one of those hackers who can tap into a sealed memory chip without onboard programming ports, reverse-engineer a bunch of heavily encrypted machine code to find out how the power management works and find a way to alter the code so that it bypasses the GPS-based throttling... well, you may find it easier to build your own drone from scratch.

/// Tom
I wait to see some tutorial on youtube. Thank you

There was a similar thread quite some time ago on the phantom pilots forum where it was getting close to someone finally cracking the code and got down to the parameter variables that altered the Tx power and Rx gain on the RC and the craft but never concluded if i memory serves. Also some parallel talk on spectrum and Tx power analysis that a very experienced forum member had done with some serious radio spectrum analysers. I can't find the thread. The Mavic uses a new variant of Lightbridge, OcuSync that according to DJI help reduce interference so allows for clean signal to reach further. If the latter is correct then it should go more than 4km within the EU (this still includes the UK for now... :)) as the P3A/Ps in the EU could reach more than 4km in range from what has been proven by real long range flights.
I love to see someone smart to be able to hack the DJI source code and get us to the promise land :) We seen something similar with the P3A/P 32ch hack.

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: k3vnnyork
Have a look at "team black sheep".
They do their own quads and fixed wings but they have some serious base stations with big yagi antennas.

But also note that here in the U.K. we are limited to 5w output, unless you apply for a licence from ofcom.

I've been flying TBS quads for years - but my question is more related to not flying in the CE jurisdiction and not in the FCC either - I fly in Kazakhstan so we are not governed by these bodies. How will the Mavic perform then (it's at home in the UK and not here yet) I wonder ? Default to max power ?

I've been flying TBS quads for years - but my question is more related to not flying in the CE jurisdiction and not in the FCC either - I fly in Kazakhstan so we are not governed by these bodies. How will the Mavic perform then (it's at home in the UK and not here yet) I wonder ? Default to max power ?
It will depend of there are any such restrictions in Kazakhstan. It will only restrict the power output if that is the law in that country.

Absolutely no law here ............. yet. They are in the process of developing a law / regulations but nothing official yet.
I'll do a trial when I get back after Christmas.

Reactions: chippie
Absolutely no law here ............. yet. They are in the process of developing a law / regulations but nothing official yet.
I'll do a trial when I get back after Christmas.
It will stay at the higher power output then, you will be good to fly further :)

Hi !
Does anyone know whats gonna happen if using an FCC Mavic Pro (bought in the US) in Europe (France) ?
Am i gonna be able to fly it over a distance longer than the EU limitations ?
Thanks a lot

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair