DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range limitations CE and FCC... going over?

Hi !
Does anyone know whats gonna happen if using an FCC Mavic Pro (bought in the US) in Europe (France) ?
Am i gonna be able to fly it over a distance longer than the EU limitations ?
Thanks a lot
The Mavic is International, there is no difference between the US, EU ones etc. The transmitter power is adjusted accordingly via the GPS position. I have not looked recently but do not believe anyone has come up with a hack yet.
It is not the distance that is limited but the TX Power output of the controller. As soon as you connect it up to your device and it locks onto GPS the Transmitter power will be reduced to conform to EU Regulations.

according to experience on P3S, it can change by accessing to system
ftpd exploit on mavic pro was patched by DJI after firmware .200, so it is not easy to get adb enable access to system now (can try to monitor the com port using by dji assistant2 / dji go when upgrade firmware)

Can more people confirm my previous post please :

Will the distance of an FCC Mavic Pro (bought in the USA) be restricted when using it in France / Europe ?

Thanks again :)

That's true.
The only difference between a "bought in US" and "bought in Europe" is the charger plug!
So, you will be limited!
But don't be affraid, i'm in France, and the Mavic can fly far enough to make great shots.
Enjoy your Mavic in France! Fredo's Mavic

Reactions: myparis75
Can more people confirm my previous post please :

Will the distance of an FCC Mavic Pro (bought in the USA) be restricted when using it in France / Europe ?

Thanks again :)
Dude, the distance is NOT restricted. All that happens is that the Controller drops it power output to conform to EU regulations, this is controlled by the GPS location. There is no reason that on a good day with the right conditions you may get similar distances as in the US.

Saying that I really would not worry as you will run out of battery half way home if you ever get that far anyway :D

I did some long range testing (in EU) and I reached 6.5 km with correct RTH ;) ... I also reached 7 km (with very weak signal) but this time the Mavic has not reached the home point, it autolanding first. :eek:
The real limit is the battery life that allows me maximum of about 13 km of Travel Distance (maximum Distance of 6.5 km to bring the Mavic back home).
Flying in places without interference, even in EU with reduced transmission power, the battery is the limit.

P.S. Excuse my bad english :oops:

Reactions: chippie
I got up to 4.5k outside of the USA but at that distance the signal was more point to point then omnidirectional. So while you can hit beyond 4k outside the USA, it's not very practical if you can only fly in a straight line.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute