DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range test with FCC + Boost

Jhonnyyy

Reactions
I enabled FCC + Boost mod. The FCC mod is 100% succedeed. Altough the boost mod I can't tell that for sure since you need some kind of tester which I don't have.

I am getting this range, in Portugal. Near Lisbon area over houses, and populated areas. I don't know if this is any good or am I doing something wrong?
Screenshot_20190523-110457.jpeg

Looks like you could get more judging by the level of the signal ?

If you implemented the "rolling" MOD with C2+Pause you can verify that Boost is enabled by cycling through the modes. The one after Boost will disconnect the MP temporarily.

Nope! 2meters more and the signal was fully away. This was achieved with the controller forcing to hold it kinda up in the air.

If I follow your instructions, the drone should be in Boost
Looks like you could get more judging by the level of the signal ?

If you implemented the "rolling" MOD with C2+Pause you can verify that Boost is enabled by cycling through the modes. The one after Boost will disconnect the MP temporarily.

That's strange, how much do you get in CE and FCC in that same spot ?

That's strange, how much do you get in CE and FCC in that same spot ?

I didn't try that out yet, but I assume not much further. In general (other spots) the range of CE and FCC (boost or not) is almost the same. It differs 200-300m max, so I think something is wrong with the drone

I didn't see huge differences either, the Ocusync signal in CE is already pretty sturdy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique