DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range

brandoneattacos

Reactions
I know that there is a certain range at which the drone returns to its launching position. Is it caused by the remote or the drone not being able to receive a signal. In other words, does the remote or the drone send a stronger signal

I know that there is a certain range at which the drone returns to its launching position. Is it caused by the remote or the drone not being able to receive a signal. In other words, does the remote or the drone send a stronger signal
The return to home (RTH) function can be initiated by the operator pushing the RTH button on the controller. RTH is also an autonomous function that is initiated by the drone upon loss of reception of the controller's signal.

Not exactly what you are asking, but the controller will generally transmit the stronger signal, in part due to the more efficient antenna design of its phased array being somewhat directional. (The antenna in the drone's leg is omni-directional.

Reactions: brandoneattacos
Hi firstly what drone are you referring to. Also it really doesnt matter which has the so called stronger signal as they have to "talk " to each other from my limited knowledge.
From memory the MA2 has to loss RC signal for 11 sec to initiate the RTH...

and what is this poll for??

welcome to the forum ,no idea what your poll is for ?
the comms between the RC and AC are two way and depend on a uninterrupted LOS between them both ,you can loose the camera view but still maintain a link to the RC to control the AC
its all dependant on the location where you are flying and from outside interference, generally the higher you fly up to the maximum permitted altitude then the better the signal between RC,and AC ,as long as you dont go behind a tall structure if you are flying at distance then if you are at say 100ft you will get signal loss at quite short range through the signal being absorbed and weakened by trees even more so when they are in leaf

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e