DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RAW images not working since update v.0800

Raw files are always raw. Every DJI DNG file contains a jpg preview and processing information (like lens data).
This is all normal and has not been changed.
Since DNG is an Adobe standard the only instance that can check if your DNG files are valid, is Adobe.
MacbooksW having issues does not say anything about the file format validity.

Thanks.

Yeah I get RAW as I'm a working photog. I'm saying that the RAW files I see in Lightroom are not RAW. They say dng but have a profile embedded. Was not the case pre firmware update.

I went onto the MP forum at forum.dji.com and asked someone from DJI to respond on when a fix will be made to the FW.

Thanks.

Yeah I get RAW as I'm a working photog. I'm saying that the RAW files I see in Lightroom are not RAW. They say dng but have a profile embedded. Was not the case pre firmware update.

Why would a DNG file with embedded profile not be raw??

Confirmed the same black screen preview in Finder, but Lightroom is just fine.

If I open up a DJI raw file in GIMP I get a bunch of errors but it does open:

Code:
  TIFF image Warning
Unknown field with tag 40092 (0x9c9c) encountered

TIFF image Warning
Unknown field with tag 40094 (0x9c9e) encountered

TIFF image Warning
Unknown field with tag 50937 (0xc6f9) encountered

TIFF image Warning
Unknown field with tag 50938 (0xc6fa) encountered

TIFF image Warning
Unknown field with tag 50939 (0xc6fb) encountered

TIFF image Warning
Unknown field with tag 50941 (0xc6fd) encountered

TIFF image Warning
Unknown field with tag 51089 (0xc791) encountered

TIFF image Warning
Unknown field with tag 51090 (0xc792) encountered

TIFF image Warning
Unknown field with tag 51091 (0xc793) encountered

TIFF image Warning
ASCII value for tag "Make" contains null byte in value; value incorrectly truncated during reading due to implementation limitations

TIFF image Warning
ASCII value for tag "Model" contains null byte in value; value incorrectly truncated during reading due to implementation limitations

TIFF image Warning
ASCII value for tag "Software" contains null byte in value; value incorrectly truncated during reading due to implementation limitations

TIFF image Warning
ASCII value for tag "UniqueCameraModel" contains null byte in value; value incorrectly truncated during reading due to implementation limitations

TIFF image Warning
ASCII value for tag "CameraSerialNumber" contains null byte in value; value incorrectly truncated during reading due to implementation limitations

TIFF image Warning
Auto-corrected former TIFF subsampling values [2,2] to match subsampling values inside JPEG compressed data [2,1]

TIFF image Warning
Unknown field with tag 40092 (0x9c9c) encountered

TIFF image Warning
Unknown field with tag 40094 (0x9c9e) encountered

TIFF image Warning
Unknown field with tag 50937 (0xc6f9) encountered

TIFF image Warning
Unknown field with tag 50938 (0xc6fa) encountered

TIFF image Warning
Unknown field with tag 50939 (0xc6fb) encountered

TIFF image Warning
Unknown field with tag 50941 (0xc6fd) encountered

TIFF image Warning
Unknown field with tag 51089 (0xc791) encountered

TIFF image Warning
Unknown field with tag 51090 (0xc792) encountered

TIFF image Warning
Unknown field with tag 51091 (0xc793) encountered

TIFF image Warning
ASCII value for tag "Make" contains null byte in value; value incorrectly truncated during reading due to implementation limitations

TIFF image Warning
ASCII value for tag "Model" contains null byte in value; value incorrectly truncated during reading due to implementation limitations

TIFF image Warning
ASCII value for tag "Software" contains null byte in value; value incorrectly truncated during reading due to implementation limitations

TIFF image Warning
ASCII value for tag "UniqueCameraModel" contains null byte in value; value incorrectly truncated during reading due to implementation limitations

TIFF image Warning
ASCII value for tag "CameraSerialNumber" contains null byte in value; value incorrectly truncated during reading due to implementation limitations

TIFF image Warning
Auto-corrected former TIFF subsampling values [2,2] to match subsampling values inside JPEG compressed data [2,1]

This hasn't changed although I can't say the errors are any different. I don't use GIMP anymore, so it might just be that it is picking the wrong file type for the file extension.

I've had to 'downgrade' to .700 to fix this issue. I tried the downgrade, reupgrade suggested earlier, but that didn't work. Let's see what happens with .900.

Same problem here. However, I have ready of Affinity being able to read RAW DNG from the current firmware. I think DJI may have changed the DNG standard they use in 800.

Just a Mac thing is it?
.800 DNGs open fine for me in Win10 inbuilt Photo Viewer, Picasa, Photoshop, Lightroom everything I can throw at it.
Weird.

Not for me, I also have a blue tint at the bottom of raw images shot in portrait mode. It's there no matter what platform its viewed on Windows, Mac, Lightroom, Affinity or Photoshop. Downgrading to 0.700 solved these issues.

Blue tint on raw photos?

DJI_0068.jpg

DJI_0041.jpg

So the portrait DNG tint issue is not platform specific. I just took some Portrait DNGs and did not see it initially. On closer inspection there is a defined band across the bottom quarter.

upload_2017-6-19_16-21-46.png
All I did here was open a white cloud image in LR and drag the tone curve down towards the bottom right to accentuate the band.

upload_2017-6-19_16-33-34.png
...and here simply knocked the exposure down to -1.44

Whereas the not opening at all issue seems to be more prevalent on Macs or Mac specific software

I will repeat what I stated on another thread.

Ive got the exact same Blue Band issue here too with Raw files taken in Portrait mode.
The blue band is visible on my iMac in both Lightroom and Photoshop, but NOT in a program called "Noiseless Pro" by Macphun.

Ive pushed the DNG file to my iPhone and opened it in Lightroom Mobile and first of all it was OK, then when I came to edit it the blue band appeared.

I can only assume its an issue with Adobe then.

Looks like 1.3.0900 hasn't fixed the 'black rectangle RAW' issue that this post was originally about. Hopefully it has fixed the 'blue stripe' issue for the rest of you though. Back to 1.3.0700 for me then.

Even in MacBook Pro, with MacOS Sierra, version 10.12.5, RAW images, open with Preview are not shown, there remains a black square.
I was expecting the new update 1.3.0900 but did not fix the problem.

I have the same issue on my MBP. No blue banding though. Rolling back to .400 soon as previewing with CS6 is way too slow.

Even in MacBook Pro, with MacOS Sierra, version 10.12.5, RAW images, open with Preview are not shown, there remains a black square.
I was expecting the new update 1.3.0900 but did not fix the problem.
Thats odd. Not a fruit person here. But just tried on my wifes iMac running OS 10.11.6.
Preview works fine and I can see all the Raw DNGs images I took with .800 and .900.

I doubt this is a universal problem, or everybody would be on here. Had you done anything (such as edit) to any of your DNG files before opening them on the Mac?

I doubt this is a universal problem, or everybody would be on here. Had you done anything (such as edit) to any of your DNG files before opening them on the Mac?
I agree. Nope, simply copied them from the SD to USB stick so iMac could access them.

Hi guys,
I usually shoot video in 4k 25fps and still images in RAW format.
I've always been able to transfer them to my Mac (2017 5k iMac, if it matters), open them in preview if i wanted a quick look or open them in Fotor Photo Editor which i normally use to do my editing.
All this has gone pear shaped since i did the update to the latest firmware.
I took the Mavic out yesterday and got some great pics and video, got them home all excited to have a play with the images, put the SD card in my mac and all the files were there as usual (sweet!), dragged them to my desktop as i do, went to have a quick look at an image using preview and it was just a black 16:9 size box. Thats it! :-(
The thumbnail on my desktop even shows the image that SHOULD be there but when i try to open it, its just a black box.
The same thing happened when i tried to open it using the Fotor app.
I did a test and took a few stills using JPEG format and they work perfectly. I checked my video footage as well and there's nothing wrong with it. It's just the RAW images that don't work.
I've tried everything, resetting camera settings, refreshing firmware and nothing is working.
Has anyone had a experience similar to this or knows what might fix it?
It's really starting to do my head in!

Sorry for the novel length post guys but i appreciate you reading it. Kinda desperate over here!

Cheers,
Mark

Hi, first post on this forum but glad I saw this thread. I was looking for a thread about photo issues and this aligns with what is happened to me, but with one addition. The bottom third of all my RAW files are a different color, hue, saturation, everything. It's noticeable on unedited files, but WAY more noticeable once I process the image. I will upload an example. Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• DJI_0135.jpg
    DJI_0135.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 22
Hi, first post on this forum but glad I saw this thread. I was looking for a thread about photo issues and this aligns with what is happened to me, but with one addition. The bottom third of all my RAW files are a different color, hue, saturation, everything. It's noticeable on unedited files, but WAY more noticeable once I process the image. I will upload an example. Any help is appreciated!
Welcome. Update your firmware to .900. that should fix it.

Hi all, just got a new Mavic Pro, having the black preview issue on my 2016 MBP running Sierra (10.12). Downgrading the Mavic to firmware .0550 fixes the issue. DJI support has been unhelpful so far, suggesting I send my Mavic in to them. Any way to find out if this is a known bug they're working on? I just want them to fix this in a future firmware update. No way I'm sending the quad in to them for something that obviously can be fixed via a software patch.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard