DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
The button press on the rear of the unit. A video I originallywatched showed it should be pressed and held for a double bleep. This is what I was doing. It appears that is wrong. I seen another video that showed it actually being done totally wrong- with a cable between RC and AC but then the guy just pressed the button once on the rear of the AC, once he started to do it right (without a cable) and his paired. I tried pairing it with the AC button on a single beep and it paired immediately. Flying!
Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

Out the box, plug handset into RC.
Power up RC
Run up App- shows RC Connected
Switch on AC
Once booted shows flashing Amber LED
App says Connect Aircraft- select
Asks which mode- Cable or Wifi select Cable as Handset is plugged into RC
Goes through steps of unfolding AC, then asks to put in pairing mode- hold button does beep then couple of seconds and dual beep and rapid flashing LED
App says Link
Select this and RC goes to Pair- rapid flashing green for about 60 seconds
Link Timeout
No conection>

If I remove the RC from the equation and just run the App to the AC over wifi
Connect Aircraft
Select Wifi Option
Tells me to scan the code on the side-Successfully connects handset wifi to AC ( says no internet- obviously)
Now App goes to Activation mode as it has set up the connection to aircraft. I have not bothered to complete this as that would I guess register the serial to me and as the RC doesnt let me connect in the first place it feels kind of pointless.

The first one I had worked straight out the box- RC worked with Aircraft right away and it activated right away as a result
I have video'd me doing all this but not had time to post it on You Tube yet in case anyone asked to see.

If your AC hasn’t been Activated online through DJI you won’t be able to fly!!!

That's only a point if you can get the RC to connect in the first place. The problem is solved. I have been flying now and the AC was Activated once proven connected..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002