DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tanushiheadbash

Reactions
My Mavic Air is less than 24 hours out the box (has not flown at all yet) and I think I have a borked RC. Before I get bogged down with DJI support (not open yet) I just want to make sure I have not missed anything obvious. Out the box everything was fine. I charged everything up and after a read through the manuals, both online and the ones in the box had a wee play with the simulator mode and all was good (using the RC). The AC had done at least one f/w upgrade after switch on initially via DJIGo4.
One thing I had not done was have a look at Camera settings so later on I switched it all on again to have a look at this and it prompted me to do a f/w update on the RC.
It took less than a minute and appeared to complete successfully. Since then I have been unable to reconnect the RC to the AC. I checked the AC via DJI Assistant and it wanted to do a further f/w update so I let it do this in the hope it was just some incompatibility issue. But no, they still won't pair. I then read you can check/update the RC via the DJI Assistant oo, but when I plug the RC into my PC I get the USB connect then disconnect sound over and over and it never shows up in the DJI Assistant. I am thinking its faulty? Is there a resolution to this anyone is aware of. Otherwise will try connect DJI later this morning when I have time.
Thanks
Kenny

Did you try pairing both again?
USB connect/disconnect loop happens on some PCs and not others. The remote trying to charge too fast trips the overcurrent protection, even when the remote is working correctly.

Relinking the RC: page 38 Mavic Pro manual

I notice the PC does not seem to know what driver to use when the RC is connected to it
Following procedure worked for me:
  • Uninstall current Assistant 2 software.
  • Install Assistant 2 version 1.0.7 (at this point the most appropiate drivers are installed)
  • Uninstall version 1.0.7
  • Install latest version of Assistant 2 again.
You should be able to connect your RC

Note: run the installer as admin.
The 1.0.7 version can be found here: Dropbox - DJI+Assistant+2+1.0.7.exe
Link is taken from DJI forums.

Reactions: Tanushiheadbash
Thanks @Keule that method to get the correct drivers worked, though I didn't bother uninstalling 1.0.7 I just installed 2 over the top of it, it appeared to detect the older version install. But once done I then had a DJI COM Device visible in my Devices when the RC was connected.
Sadly rolling back the f/w hasn't made any difference.
I made a call to DJI support, UK number but seems to be on the end of a piece of wet string and a baked bean tin somewhere in the Asian SubContinent- very very hard to hear them over the crackling line.
Anyway we went through the steps I had taken so far and thankfully they seemed happy enough to follow what I told them and jump straight on and not insist revisiting ground I had already explored. I did audibly demonstrate that I was trying to relink my RC with the drone. They did seem to want to blame my handset which they said might not be compatible but I pointed out the issue existed simply between the RC and AC without any phone involved. My phone ( A Sony Xperia Z5) works fine directly to the drone and was working via the RC firmware update. They then told me to "take it back to my DJI Store and get a replacement as it was less than 24 hours old".
As I don't have a DJI store I called the online retailer ( Currys -PC World - I get a hefty discount on stuff through them via a work discount scheme) and they were very good. They have arranged uplift on Monday and replacement on return. Will see what happens then.

Reactions: Keule
Just checking that you followed this procedure

Linking the Remote Controller - DJI Mavic Air | Heliguy

If you connected to your son's phone then you need to reset the connection so it connects to the RC.

Took me a while to figure it out on mine.
Hi
Yes I have tried it both ways. The way in the page you linked, going through the app and camera mode and also directly between the RC and the AC by holding the three buttons simultaneously to put the controller into pairing mode, and using the button to put the AC into pairing mode too. Neither seem to get any response. Thanks though for the suggestions.

I believe you have solved my conundrum! I experienced disconnects when using an external power source to the RC in flight. It’s likely that the charging system, plus the in-use transmitter etc. triggered overload protection. And poof! I’m disconnected. Advice to anyone thinking of running external RC power in-flight: don’t!
... The remote trying to charge too fast trips the overcurrent protection, even when the remote is working correctly.

I suspect in my case the WiFi component of my RC had died. I noticed just before it was collected by the courier that looking in the WiFi settings that it appeared locked on ch1 and did not appear to detect any usage in other channels (ch1 included). The supplier has confirmed it faulty and I am waiting to hear about its replacement. Unfortunately it went out of stock though I see tonight it's back available again. Hopefully it comes midweek.

After two weeks waiting on a replacement it finally arrived today. I feel like crying. Took it all out the box, charged the batteries, then when all good powered up drone and RC. Noticed the RC LED went green but not the AC and the two clearly weren't taking. Unlike last time it all worked right out the box. Put it into pairing mode via the App, nothing. Tried it using the RC three buttons. Nope. Have got the phone to talk to the Mavic. Can I possibly have a second screwed RC? I genuinely feel I want to cry haven't even got as far as taking one outside and turning the props on! When the phone talks to the drone it wants me to Activate, I am kind of reluctant as its not working with the RC. Should I bother even going to connect it to DJI assist and see if it will f/w update to any extent. I suspect it will go through the motions but doubt this is going to work. I really cannot figure this out.

It doesn't see the drone to let me activate it with the Remote control attached. I can only see the drone via a handset to drone wifi connection. Last one I got it paired by itself and then went through activation with the remote attached. If it wasnt that I knew you could do a handset to drone connection I wouldn't have seen the Activation option at all. If that makes sense?

How exactly are you attempting to connect the Mavic, remote controller, and mobile device? Once attempting the connection, what do you see in DJI GO?

Out the box, plug handset into RC.
Power up RC
Run up App- shows RC Connected
Switch on AC
Once booted shows flashing Amber LED
App says Connect Aircraft- select
Asks which mode- Cable or Wifi select Cable as Handset is plugged into RC
Goes through steps of unfolding AC, then asks to put in pairing mode- hold button does beep then couple of seconds and dual beep and rapid flashing LED
App says Link
Select this and RC goes to Pair- rapid flashing green for about 60 seconds
Link Timeout
No conection>

If I remove the RC from the equation and just run the App to the AC over wifi
Connect Aircraft
Select Wifi Option
Tells me to scan the code on the side-Successfully connects handset wifi to AC ( says no internet- obviously)
Now App goes to Activation mode as it has set up the connection to aircraft. I have not bothered to complete this as that would I guess register the serial to me and as the RC doesnt let me connect in the first place it feels kind of pointless.

The first one I had worked straight out the box- RC worked with Aircraft right away and it activated right away as a result
I have video'd me doing all this but not had time to post it on You Tube yet in case anyone asked to see.

I have video'd me doing all this but not had time to post it on You Tube yet in case anyone asked to see.
Yes, please post a link here when you have time to upload it.

Yes, please post a link here when you have time to upload it.
Not got time to do anything "polished" this is just straight from the phone footage so you can see i dumped it on Dropbox. Sorry my fingers get int he way of the camera in a few spots but it should be clear enough whats going on Dropbox - MOV_7415.mp4
Thanks for your assist.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky