DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC-Controller Downloading App

I’m sorry for the stupid question. I also have my problems because the RC pro ist my first Android device ever: How can I move apps from the 2nd to the 1st / homescreen, like you did in this screenshot, @Lasidora ?

I can rearrange them and move them around on 2nd screen but not move them to the first.
The same as if it moving it around in the second screen but slide it to the left and hold on the edge. It could scroll over to the previous screen abs then position it where you’d like to..

Hey Guys,
I was long able to install the AirData onto my RC Pro, but wondering if anyone has been able to install apps from the Google Play Store. I keep getting the same message as the OP.
I did notice Lasidora manage to install Litchi. was this a similar procedure to AirData or through the GooglePlayStore?
TIA guys and gals
I don't think the Google Play Store is available on the RC Pro and why you see the Amazon Play Store as the source for many apps.

I have a number of third party apps on my RC Pro but recently I tried to install a paid app and could not no matter what I tried - APK downloader both from the controller and my computer. When trying to use APK Pure from the controller it doesn't recognize that the app has been purchased. So it would seem that I would need to have the Google Play store installed on the controller for it to work just like Litchi. This is not good news as if there is ever an SDK released for either the Mavic 3 or the Mini 3 Pro, it is going to be pretty hard to get a paid flight app on the controller that is purchased from the Play Store. I sure hope DJI releases some sort of firmware update for the controller that allows the RC Pro controller to be updated with the Google play store at least.

The app I was trying to install was TelloFpv which is an app that is an alternate to the stock Tello app but since it is a paid app I can't get it to install. I have been able to get the stock Tello app installed without any problem and can control my Tello with the RC Pro (virtual sticks only).

Chris

I have a number of third party apps on my RC Pro but recently I tried to install a paid app and could not no matter what I tried - APK downloader both from the controller and my computer. When trying to use APK Pure from the controller it doesn't recognize that the app has been purchased. So it would seem that I would need to have the Google Play store installed on the controller for it to work just like Litchi. This is not good news as if there is ever an SDK released for either the Mavic 3 or the Mini 3 Pro, it is going to be pretty hard to get a paid flight app on the controller that is purchased from the Play Store. I sure hope DJI releases some sort of firmware update for the controller that allows the RC Pro controller to be updated with the Google play store at least.

The app I was trying to install was TelloFpv which is an app that is an alternate to the stock Tello app but since it is a paid app I can't get it to install. I have been able to get the stock Tello app installed without any problem and can control my Tello with the RC Pro (virtual sticks only).

Chris
Hey, I'm on the same boat as you. I installed Google play and play services and got Google play to not crash. However, it kept loading and was searching for something; like it was missing internet connection or something like that.

Here is a method of doing this for the pro controller, but this app crashes for the 330 rc controller.

Have you tried similar approach?

PS: Just tried the Amazon store approach. The store loads and I can download apps, but as soon as it tries to install the said app, I get error saying current user don't have permission to install.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm on the same boat as you. I installed Google play and play services and got Google play to not crash. However, it kept loading and was searching for something; like it was missing internet connection or something like that.

Here is a method of doing this for the pro controller, but this app crashes for the 330 rc controller.

Have you tried similar approach?

PS: Just tried the Amazon store approach. The store loads and I can download apps, but as soon as it tries to install the said app, I get error saying current user don't have permission to install.
No, I have not tried the approach that you linked to in that Utube video for the older Smart Controller. I did watch it though a while back. Right now there is no rush for me to install the Play Store on my RC Pro as the only apps I would want to put on there would be Litchi and Dronelink. I think Dronelink won't be a problem but Litchi at the current time uses the Play Store so that is something that I am worried about if and when DJI ever releases the SDK for the Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro. At the present time, no SDK has been released for either so there is no benefit to installing Litchi or Dronelink on my RC Pro. Further, as you have found out, installing the Play Store on the controller seems to be buggy.

My hope is that if there is an SDK released for either the Mavic 3 or the Mini 3 Pro, that either DJI will release a firmware up date so that the RC Pro can install the play store or third party developers like Litchi will release an installer that can install directly to the RC Pro without having to go through the Play Store.

My feeling is that third party developers will find it easier to by-pass the Play Store and release a direct installer for the RC Pro. That would be my preference as it would keep my controller free of unnecessary Play Store files.

Chris

Reactions: DroneMoister
I'm trying to get aloft installed on my RC Pro and am not getting anywhere. I tried loading the google app store the method shown above and it installed but it's in Chinese and I'm stuck. Anyone have any insight as to what I'm doing wrong?

I'm trying to get aloft installed on my RC Pro and am not getting anywhere. I tried loading the google app store the method shown above and it installed but it's in Chinese and I'm stuck. Anyone have any insight as to what I'm doing wrong?
Does aloft require the Play Store for installs and licence checks? If not you can download APK downloader and install Aloft that way. Can’t help with the Chinese version of Play being installed. Only thing I can think of is the install somehow changed the RC Pro’s default language to Chinese.

Chris

Does aloft require the Play Store for installs and licence checks? If not you can download APK downloader and install Aloft that way. Can’t help with the Chinese version of Play being installed. Only thing I can think of is the install somehow changed the RC Pro’s default language to Chinese.

Chris
I have APK Pure but can't find Aloft through that.

Same problem here, I also tried everything but the apk is always installed in Chinese... 😖

I did find it through APK Pure and it is in English.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov