DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Disconnected with DJI GO 4

FYI, @bitringer is helping @mulemanSok resolve the issue discussed in this thread.
I am a retired IT over 30 years. I fix and repair PCs, do some networking, wiring, help friends and family with their tech toys, security cameras, etc. now on the side. I have worked on several laptops and desktops for @mulemanSok and his wife.

Part of @mulemanSok problems were with his laptop (Win7 Home Premium). Once I finally got all those problems fixed, updated, a few viruses, and corrected I was able to uninstall and reinstall DJI Assistant 2.

The next step he brought me his bird, batteries, and RC. Based on what he had been told the FW should be upgraded. They were out of sync using DJI Assistant 2. I was able to finally get them upgraded. This took several attempts to the bird and several battery charges. Any glitch from PC downloading or bird updating and it would restart the download process.

That was very frustrating to have the bird and assistant2 starting over and over.

Once I got them in sync according to assistant2, I powered up bird and RC which showed "SD Full" on RC screen.

DJI GO4 showed disconnected so I couldn't format from it. I powered off bird and RC and pulled SD card and put in PC SD reader. I got format errors so I ran a scandisk to fix. There were numerous video files from @mulemanSok attempts prior. I copied them off and deleted them.

I replaced SD in bird and tried again.
RC connected to bird READY TO GO and Atti mode but still disconnected to DJI GO4.

I switched to Wi-Fi mode on bird and connected with RC and DJI GO4. I activated and got GO FLY.

Which brings us up to where we are now. Which is still GO4 disconnected using USB in center port only.

I have had other life callings so haven't had chance to retry the latest but will try today. Sorry for the long post and delay. I really appreciate the help.

The break allowed me to find some log .txt files on my phone from ??? but look DJI related any ideas on how to interpret?

In the original thread, we were talking about trying to reinstall the firmware on the remote controller.

Did you try that? If not, try this:
  • Start the DJI Assistant 2 application
  • Make sure the Mavic remote controller is powered off
  • Connect a micro USB cable between the Mavic remote controller and computer
  • Power on the Mavic remote controller
  • Click the "RC for Mavic Pro" device when the DJI Assistant 2 application detects the Mavic remote controller
  • Click the "Restore Factory Defaults" button

In the original thread, we were talking about trying to reinstall the firmware on the remote controller.

Did you try that? If not, try this:
  • Start the DJI Assistant 2 application
  • Make sure the Mavic remote controller is powered off
  • Connect a micro USB cable between the Mavic remote controller and computer
  • Power on the Mavic remote controller
  • Click the "RC for Mavic Pro" device when the DJI Assistant 2 application detects the Mavic remote controller
  • Click the "Restore Factory Defaults" button
No. I missed that. I thought we needed to get both FW upgraded and same. Electricity and internet all down now. Will try later.

I thought we needed to get both FW upgraded and same.
It would be best to try updating both the Mavic aircraft and Mavic remote controller to the latest available versions. Since the remote controller does not seem to be working as designed, I thought it would be best to first try to restore it (before updating it).

Uninstall app then reinstall. Once it reinstall sign into the app then turn everything on and connect the USB cable you should then get a prompt to "use this USB accessory" you want to check that off with Samsung phones you will only get this once and it is usually when u first in install the app.
I just did This and still no prompt.

Ok.. After FW 1.04.0100 update I could not Restore factory defaults.

I have now got FW 01.04.0200 installed on both the RC and the bird. Still can't restore factory.

I can still connect via WiFi with GO4 but get disconnected with RC setting on bird and using RC with GO4.

I connected my phone to PC with USB cable. I got prompt on PC for accessing files on my phone. I got prompt on phone for USB. I selected transfer files. Unplugged phone and replugged and got prompt and selected MIDI.

During upgrades I had all three connected to PC using hot spot on phone since my normal internet was down and so batteries wouldn't die during the upgrade process. It does take more than the 5 or 10 minutes as described and so the RC wouldn't keep beeping and shutdown.

Once upgraded on both RC and MOP bird I uninstalled GO4 and deleted all files left on phone under DJI directory. Reinstalled GO4, powered on bird, powered on RC, connected USB to center port (Nothing in left port), connected to phone, started GO4 app, signed in to app, agreed to terms, and got disconnected and Inspire. Selected MP and still disconnected and numerous times swiped down to only see the standard quick settings and notifications. No Android system notification about SUB usage.

This is getting so old and frustrating.

WiFi will connect to bird and GO4 wifi phone. GO FLY and allows to see drone info.

RC will connect to bird. READY TO GO but

GO4 never connects to RC.

Can you please use the same usb lead as you used when you connected everything to the PC?
Also, in app manager, select Go4, press clear defaults, then fire up go4 and see if you get the usb options come up or a splash screen asking to allow Go4 to use USB?

Ok.. After FW 1.04.0100 update I could not Restore factory defaults.

I have now got FW 01.04.0200 installed on both the RC and the bird. Still can't restore factory.
Are you saying that's the result of following the steps in post #22 above?

Can you please use the same usb lead as you used when you connected everything to the PC?
Also, in app manager, select Go4, press clear defaults, then fire up go4 and see if you get the usb options come up or a splash screen asking to allow Go4 to use USB?
Yes I have done this several times. I did try this one more time and still no prompt on phone for USB or GO4.

When I plug my phone into the PC with the same USB I get prompted on the phone and PC in (dial) *#0808#. I've tried that too.

I found a phone thread android about system USB settings to dial *#0808# and tried that too with no change in results.

I'd post screen shots but can't seem to get that to work with icons below on reply.

@bitringer, it sounds like you've tried everything you can. Perhaps it's time to send this back to the seller (or to DJI to be repaired).

Reactions: mulemanSok
Uninstall app then reinstall. Once it reinstall sign into the app then turn everything on and connect the USB cable you should then get a prompt to "use this USB accessory" you want to check that off with Samsung phones you will only get this once and it is usually when u first in install the app.
Yes, I did this with the USB cable connected to my phone and the PC and in fact got prompted in Windows how to use the connection and a prompt on the phone whether to use MTP. However, when connected to the RC center port and nothing in left port I still get disconnected and no prompt on phone.

On your phone, settings, app manager, go4, clear defaults, then try again.

It'll be easy if Amazon shipped it. Go to the Amazon orders page to start the return process. You'll find more information there.

I did this on step #30 in case you missed it but just
I did this on step #30 in case you missed it but just tried again and there were no defaults to clear. It was greyed out.

@bitringer, it sounds like you've tried everything you can. Perhaps it's time to send this back to the seller (or to DJI to be repaired).
For giggles I purchased another USB data cable and tried it. Same results on the S6 and S7 as before.

I am about the opinion the RC has a malfunction issue. Both left and center ports do not work with video download.

I got an email response fron DJI Support in RE: to the problem saying to send RC in for repair as they think it may have a hardware issue. Guess I'll let @mulemanSok take it from here.

I still wondered whether anyone has looked at the log files on the DJI GO4 app on android to know how to interpret, especially a good connect and then look to compare a disconnect (just no USB to phone)?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Duhr