DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Keeps Disconnecting, Trying to Figure Out Issue

SouthpawAce14

Reactions
Hello! I bought a used DJI Mavic and for the most part, it's been flying alright. The only issue is that is disconnects all the time when I fly it. Now, I understand that it is more likely to disconnect when around disturbances (like behind buildings, trees, busy areas), but sometimes it just disconnects when there are no disturbances in the way. I'm not sure what the issue is. I don't know if I just got jipped when I bought it or if there's something wrong with the software (latest version and has disconnected less since I've updated it), or maybe something wrong with my USB cord (my phone doesn't charge when I plug it in, is it supposed to?).
Thanks!

Hello! I bought a used DJI Mavic and for the most part, it's been flying alright. The only issue is that is disconnects all the time when I fly it. Now, I understand that it is more likely to disconnect when around disturbances (like behind buildings, trees, busy areas), but sometimes it just disconnects when there are no disturbances in the way. I'm not sure what the issue is. I don't know if I just got jipped when I bought it or if there's something wrong with the software (latest version and has disconnected less since I've updated it), or maybe something wrong with my USB cord (my phone doesn't charge when I plug it in, is it supposed to?).
Thanks!
Need some specifics, is it just the mobile device that is "disconnected", IOW the video feed drops, or do you lose the telemetry info on the controller? Usually if the controller disconnects, the Mavic will initiate RTH. If the mobile device, what are you using?

The video feed drops and the Mavic initiates RTH. Usually, it'll reconnect when it either gets closer or just after a little time.

Are you using the stock cable, from the RC to the phone ?

I had a similar problem and replaced the OE cable with a different one, done many many flights since with no issues after that.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada