DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro Aircraft Management

TwoSticks

Reactions
I have the RC Pro that came in the Air 2S bundle from B&H. I am able to bind it to my Air 2S I already owned and bind it back to the Air 2S that shipped in the bundle. Am I missing the aircraft manager or is this just not part of the controller yet since its technically not supported on Air 2S?

I have the RC Pro that came in the Air 2S bundle from B&H. I am able to bind it to my Air 2S I already owned and bind it back to the Air 2S that shipped in the bundle. Am I missing the aircraft manager or is this just not part of the controller yet since its technically not supported on Air 2S?
I don't understand what the issue is.

I don't understand what the issue is.
My previous smart controller retained the connection info for my Mini 2, Air 2, and Air 2S. All I needed to do each time was select the aircraft I wanted to fly and it would find/connect. It was one of the main things I liked about the smart controller. Now with the RC Pro, I do not find a menu or setting for multiple aircraft. I assume this is because the firmware included on the RC Pro meant for the Air 2S is unique just to make the drone work. Testing, I can bind/connect the RC Pro to either of my Air 2S drones but it does not retain the info when I do so if I switch between them I need to go through the re-bind process. Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
My previous smart controller retained the connection info for my Mini 2, Air 2, and Air 2S. All I needed to do each time was select the aircraft I wanted to fly and it would find/connect. It was one of the main things I liked about the smart controller. Now with the RC Pro, I do not find a menu or setting for multiple aircraft. I assume this is because the firmware included on the RC Pro meant for the Air 2S is unique just to make the drone work. Testing, I can bind/connect the RC Pro to either of my Air 2S drones but it does not retain the info when I do so if I switch between them I need to go through the re-bind process. Hope that makes sense.
Ahhh, that makes sense. I'm not sure if maybe the problem is that it's two of the same drone. I'm not sure however as I neither have the RC Pro nor multiple drones.

It is working as it should, or at least how it has in the past. Aircraft management allows you to change aircraft on a controller. To use an aircraft with a different controller you have to go through the binding process again. I sometimes switch between my smart controller and the standard controller with my MA2 and this is what I have to do.

With aircraft management, all of the aircraft are bound to the one controller and you are switching between them.

When talking with the B&H sales guy he indicated that the RC pro that comes with the 2s combo will not work for other models. DJI must have done that for one reason or another. Maybe a firmware update will correct it. We need to get DJI to correct this as there will be more of us out there that want that ability.

Or maybe some of the Hackers out there will find a fix.

If I use it with anything else at the moment it will be my second Air 2S if I keep it and my Mini 2. No plans at the moment to get the Mavic 3. I think that is more drone than I need at this time.

When talking with the B&H sales guy he indicated that the RC pro that comes with the 2s combo will not work for other models. DJI must have done that for one reason or another. Maybe a firmware update will correct it. We need to get DJI to correct this as there will be more of us out there that want that ability.

Or maybe some of the Hackers out there will find a fix.
This is DJI supports response when I asked about using that B&H combo with my Mavic 3.

1639845062595.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs