DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro Update Fly App 1.5.10?

Howard70

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello:

I'm not sure how I should update my RC Pro's DJI Fly App to 1.5.10. At one point when I powered on the RC Pro & my Mavic 3 I saw a message in the Fly App that there was a new version, 1.5.10 which asked me if I wanted to update. I clicked update and briefly saw a message that it was downloading in the background.

However, after 15 or so minutes with the RC on and still connected to the Mavic 3 nothing changed. I checked settings and it still reported app version as 1.5.8. I disconnected the drone, turned off the RC Pro, turned the RC Pro back on, connected the drone and checked the settings - still 1.5.8.

Tried again several times, leaving the controller on longer (until it powered off by itself) after disconnecting the drone, still no luck. I then tried via DJI Assistant 2 (consumer version that I'd successfully used to update the same controller previously) which simply said my firmware was up to date but apparently provides no means of updating the Fly App.

Any suggestions on how to effect the update?

Thanks,

Howard

After it is done downloading the file it should prompt you to start the installation. You can see the download progress on the status bar which you can see by dragging your finger down from the top of the screen. This is the way it works on the old smart controller but it should be the same here...it's an Android thing, not a DJI SC thing.

Hello:

I'm not sure how I should update my RC Pro's DJI Fly App to 1.5.10. At one point when I powered on the RC Pro & my Mavic 3 I saw a message in the Fly App that there was a new version, 1.5.10 which asked me if I wanted to update. I clicked update and briefly saw a message that it was downloading in the background.

However, after 15 or so minutes with the RC on and still connected to the Mavic 3 nothing changed. I checked settings and it still reported app version as 1.5.8. I disconnected the drone, turned off the RC Pro, turned the RC Pro back on, connected the drone and checked the settings - still 1.5.8.

Tried again several times, leaving the controller on longer (until it powered off by itself) after disconnecting the drone, still no luck. I then tried via DJI Assistant 2 (consumer version that I'd successfully used to update the same controller previously) which simply said my firmware was up to date but apparently provides no means of updating the Fly App.

Any suggestions on how to effect the update?

Thanks,

Howard
Disconnect from craft. Open Fly/ profile/ about/ update. Then let it do its thing.

Disconnect from craft. Open Fly/ profile/ about/ update. Then let it do its thing.
Hello mobilehomer:

Thanks, that gets the download started and as @maggior suggested I can monitor the download. Unfortunately, our rural internet connection is so slow that the RC Pro shuts itself off long before the download completes. Sitting next to it for a couple of hours and "awaking" things when the chimes started kept it going to 39% and then I missed once, it shut off and I'll need to try again. I hope to get to a better internet locale in a couple of days. I suspect there is a setting on the RC Pro that would keep it awake at least when connected to charging so I'll also look for that.

These aren't DJI issues at all - it's one of the costs of my choice to live in an electronically remote rural setting (spatial proximity doesn't help much here).

Howard

I have slow internet where I live. Is it possible for you to use your phone as a hot spot?
With a blue tooth connection to my old SC the down loading is 5 times faster.

Reactions: Howard70
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan