DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC PRO VS. RCN1 .....FIGHT!

RC-Pro by a mile! 4x the power, plus all the extra buttons and second scroll wheel!
not by a mile because the drone's power is the same no matter what controller is used. The Pro is a rip off at $1200 as I can use that money towards the purchase of another Mavic 3, etc....

not by a mile because the drone's power is the same no matter what controller is used. The Pro is a rip off at $1200 as I can use that money towards the purchase of another Mavic 3, etc....

Well thankfully there's options for everyone. You could apply that logic to anything - every dollar you spend elsewhere could be going towards another M3.

I personally don't think it's a rip off - it offers a lot that the regular controller does not, especially with convenience and ergonomics, which many will gladly pay for. For those that think it's too expensive, the RC that comes with the drone works too if you don't mind fiddling with a second device (phone/tablet), charging it much more often, and can get a screen bright enough for your environments.

That's why the smart people got it with the Air 2S.

I just don't know. I see a lot of folks on youtube videos that actually say the standard controller provides at least the same or better connection range.
No you don't!

No you don't!
I hope you're right. Just ordered it off amazon so I can return it if not satisfied. I have 3 batteries for the mavic 3 so that's a lot of flight time, but if this takes usb-c I expect it charges relatively quickly. If the range isn't better then it's going back by monday.

I just don't know. I see a lot of folks on youtube videos that actually say the standard controller provides at least the same or better connection range.
The power output of the RC-Pro is 4x greater than that of the RC-N1. That is indisputable. It will always outperform the RC-N1. At best, under ideal circumstances, the RC-N1 might be similar, with no interference whatsoever and no obstructions of any sort and at a very high altitude AGL! With the latest FW update, the RC-Pro has numerous additional customizable buttons and combinations with two scroll wheels.

Apparently, you don't own the RC-Pro, or you would know better. You don't need a higher drone-side power to be able to take advantage of a higher RC power. All previous RC range increasing mods for all prior DJI aircraft are based upon the same principle. None of them alter the drone side power output. They amplify everything at the RC. It works! Ranges out to 5-9 miles, well beyond the capacity of the internal battery, which is why they needed to be accompanied by external batteries to support the required extra flight time. The M3 stock flight time needs no external batteries!

The power output of the RC-Pro is 4x greater than that of the RC-N1. That is indisputable. It will always outperform the RC-N1. At best, under ideal circumstances, the RC-N1 might be similar, with no interference whatsoever and no obstructions of any sort and at a very high altitude AGL! With the latest FW update, the RC-Pro has numerous additional customizable buttons and combinations with two scroll wheels.
isn't it a 2 way signal though? From controller > drone and from drone > controller?

I guess I can understand that the commands from the RC Pro can reach farther, but the drone's transmission range is more limited. Can the RC Pro's greater output change the drone's transmission range?

isn't it a 2 way signal though? From controller > drone and from drone > controller?

I guess I can understand that the commands from the RC Pro can reach farther, but the drone's transmission range is more limited. Can the RC Pro's greater output change the drone's transmission range?

There is 2-way communication, but it mostly has to do with the remote side. This is also why when you see aftermarket "range boosters" they always are on the controller side.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

Yes, the RC Pro's greater power output significantly improves signal stability and range over the stock RC-N1. That's just one of numerous significant improvements over the RC-N1. Second scroll wheel and a 5 way button and a 3rd extra button on top, combined with two scroll wheels, allows for potentially infinite combination button customizability, without ever touching the screen.

Yes, the RC Pro's greater power output significantly improves signal stability and range over the stock RC-N1. That's just one of numerous significant improvements over the RC-N1. Second scroll wheel and a 5 way button and a 3rd extra button on top, combined with two scroll wheels, allows for potentially infinite combination button customizability, without ever touching the screen.
And the 2 custom buttons on the bottom with the new functionality courtesy of the newest firmware update.

compared to the Mavic 2 standard controller I get better range with the RC-N1 with the M3P including the video feed. (no range extender) But now I have a Alientech Duo setup I am using with the RC-N1 only because I got this range extender new for less than half price on eBay but I would much rather have the Pro Controller but not at $1200... no rush yet as I would rather save the money and put it towards another drone. But If I can get one less than a $1000 some day.... I may take the plunge. Or I could buy one knowing I would end up returning it but that's like stealing in a way.... maybe I would change my mind though! LOL...

Reactions: tng7576650
Yes! I had forgotten that the RC-N1 is missing C1 and C2 as well!
I know it sucks!! I use the only main function button on the RCN1 to control auto shutter speed exposer so I can wig it!!! works great for changing on the fly for photos.

this is a really good thread, each has their pluses and minuses like the screen on the Pro controller is small!!

compared to the Mavic 2 standard controller I get better range with the RC-N1 with the M3P including the video feed. (no range extender) But now I have a Alientech Duo setup I am using with the RC-N1 only because I got this range extender new for less than half price on eBay but I would much rather have the Pro Controller but not at $1200... no rush yet as I would rather save the money and put it towards another drone. But If I can get one less than a $1000 some day.... I may take the plunge. Or I could buy one knowing I would end up returning it but that's like stealing in a way.... maybe I would change my mind though! LOL...
Yes, the included M2 controller has all the needed buttons and second scroll wheel missing from the RC-N1, but lacks the superior OcuSync3+ signal range and video feed. It's also 4 years older! The RC-Pro included with the $1299 Air2S Combo for $1750 at Xmas was the bomb! DJI ran out of Smart Controllers and substituted the RC-Pro for the same price! No one could believe it, but it was real! Box still said SC on the outside!

Yes, the included M2 controller has all the needed buttons and second scroll wheel missing from the RC-N1, but lacks the superior OcuSync3+ signal range and video feed. It's also 4 years older! The RC-Pro included with the $1299 Air2S Combo for $1750 at Xmas was the bomb! DJI ran out of Smart Controllers and substituted the RC-Pro for the same price! No one could believe it, but it was real! Box still said SC on the outside!
I know but do they still have this deal? and this just proves my point at $1200 it's a rip off.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh