DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro with Mini 3 Pro

Jeffdj

Reactions
Is there a technical reason why I can’t use th RC Pro controller with the Mini 3 Pro. Will DJI make them compatible like they did with the Air2S?

they are not compatible at the moment

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
An alternative reason might be. If you like controllers with a built in screen DJI want you to spend money buying a controller with the drone....lol....but I am a bit of a cynic at times and freely admit that there may be a chance that DJI will come up with a firmware update that might permit the RC Pro to work with the Mini 3.

Reactions: old man mavic
personally i think we will see a lot of changes to the way DJI market their drones in future
already they are giving different names to particular levels of drone and slowly dropping the Mavic name tag from different models in their line up
and i think that as with the Mini 3 pro ,there will be alternative RC + drone packages ,with other models in the future ,so consumers can choose the option they want ,i think that a good marketing ploy ,with their drones, would be to enable people who just want the drone ,or drone + RC ,but have no need for a fly more package, to have the choice to purchase different battery amounts ,as a package, say up to a maximum of 4 when the first acquire the drone ,

An alternative reason might be. If you like controllers with a built in screen DJI want you to spend money buying a controller with the drone....lol....but I am a bit of a cynic at times and freely admit that there may be a chance that DJI will come up with a firmware update that might permit the RC Pro to work with the Mini 3.
I'm hopeful, too!

Is there a technical reason why I can’t use th RC Pro controller with the Mini 3 Pro. Will DJI make them compatible like they did with the Air2S?
I'd like to ad to this thread this fact: Some day, (and that day will surly come) you will want to sell that drone, either to buy the newer one or other reasons. If you still need the RC Pro controller for your primary drone, then you can only offer the drone alone for the sale. Who is going to buy a used drone without a controller?

By the way, I just finally sold my M2P after 24 hours on this forum. I agonized, and hated to see it go but I don't have the time to fly more than one drone at a time. I would have never sold it without the controller.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: Coskier
Who is going to buy a used drone without a controller?
Someone who wants to replace a lost or wrecked drone and already has a working controller.
I thought your M2P sold very quickly, you come across as an individual who would be careful with their drone.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Yes- you are correct but that narrows down the field of buyers, doesn't it?
Depending on which side of the transaction you are on, unfortunately or fortunately there's still a fair market for drone only purchases. I'd say the second hand market for them is better than the new market as the would-be buyers have already taken a hit in the pocket buying the first drone.

In the same way there is a market for wrecked drones as a source of spare parts.

Last edited:
I would think as long as DJI is making, selling, and stocking the Mini3 RC, they won't be making the RC-pro compatible. Maybe that's too cynical

I would think as long as DJI is making, selling, and stocking the Mini3 RC, they won't be making the RC-pro compatible. Maybe that's too cynical
Since the Mini 3 Pro was sold as a standalone drone from Day 1 for those that already have the RC-N1 controller, it would be logical to also add support for control by the RC Pro as another option, in addition to the DJI RC. DJI will sell less $310 DJI RC's but they may sell more $1200 RC Pro's! The RC Pro is still the best controller for the Air 2S and the Mavic 3. Adding the Mini 3 Pro to that list would be a sound business decision, and it is certainly electronically compatible, as both use OS3+. Our lips to "God's/DJI's" ears!

Reactions: Gagey52
Since the Mini 3 Pro was sold as a standalone drone from Day 1 for those that already have the RC-N1 controller, it would be logical to also add support for control by the RC Pro as another option, in addition to the DJI RC. DJI will sell less $310 DJI RC's but they may sell more $1200 RC Pro's! The RC Pro is still the best controller for the Air 2S and the Mavic 3. Adding the Mini 3 Pro to that list would be a sound business decision, and it is certainly electronically compatible, as both use OS3+. Our lips to "God's/DJI's" ears!
Except it wasn't. Isn't the drone-only version not available until August?

Reactions: GadgetGuy
yeah...still the case.

The Drone by itself: Aug 1;
the Drone + RC-N1: July 19;
the Drone + RC: Ship Tomorrow

so they are prioritizing

1) drone + RC
2) drone + RC-N1
3) drone

that means RC > $240; and RC-N1 > $90

I'm sure this is simple business inventory 101. They have invested in a production line for the RC-N1 they are still profiting from. And they have invested in a production line for the RC they want to maximize. Which is why I'd be surprised if the RC-Pro becomes compatible with the Mini 3 any time soon

My bad. Waiting until the RC Pro is supported, so I haven’t tried to buy it alone yet.
That could explain why they haven't yet added support for the RC Pro. Given the current rollout schedule, I would expect RC Pro support after the Mini 3 Pro is available for purchase as a drone only, some time after August 1. Fingers crossed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78