DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Versus RC Pro Remote

kevguy

Reactions
Just like to make some comments about this YouTube video that was released yesterday:

Ever since I got my drone 1 month ago, I am happy with the $300 RC controller. I think it’s well built and suits my needs more than I could ask of it. I’ll stick to my iPhone for apps. I’m not sure of him calling it a big mistake in buying is fair. That being said, of course if you buy the $950 RC Pro controller it’s going to have more bells and whistles when you’re paying more than 3x the price!

I think the big question is: Is it necessary?

Last edited:
Reactions: MaxE1955!
@kevguy i dont think that we need a video to tell us, that there is going to be differences,between the 2 remotes ,the price difference ,and reading the specs should be enough to understand that fact ,all this guy is doing is stating the obvious

@kevguy i dont think that we need a video to tell us, that there is going to be differences,between the 2 remotes ,the price difference ,and reading the specs should be enough to understand that fact ,all this guy is doing is stating the obvious
I particularly don't need someone who is getting the item for free to tell me the 4x more expensive one is better. Duh.

I particularly don't need someone who is getting the item for free to tell me the 4x more expensive one is better. Duh.
Do you suppose that had anything to do with the review? Hahahaha. Maybe a teenie tiny bit!

Reactions: old man mavic
Owning a RC Pro that I paid for, and reading as much as I have about the RC, the RC is a toy. Little memory, marginal processor and internal antennae add up to toy. If you run several Fly switches simultaneously, like histogram, overexposure and focus peaking, it will freeze the RC. Well documented on the DJI forum. If at all possible, get the Pro. It is tremendously better. But if the RC meets your needs, be happy. I am happy for you.

Reactions: BobP
Owning a RC Pro that I paid for, and reading as much as I have about the RC, the RC is a toy. Little memory, marginal processor and internal antennae add up to toy. If you run several Fly switches simultaneously, like histogram, overexposure and focus peaking, it will freeze the RC. Well documented on the DJI forum. If at all possible, get the Pro. It is tremendously better. But if the RC meets your needs, be happy. I am happy for you.
I have never read anything bad about the RC controller. To call it a toy is wrong. Now the RC-N1 controller I have read bad about all relating to having to setup your smartphone. Have you ever used a controller from a cheap drone? Calling them toys could possibly be more suitable, not the RC.

Reactions: rjwmorrell
I have never read anything bad about the RC controller. To call it a toy is wrong. Now the RC-N1 controller I have read bad about all relating to having to setup your smartphone. Have you ever used a controller from a cheap drone? Calling them toys could possibly be more suitable, not the RC.
Yes I have used a cheap controller. The RC N1 is better than the RC. At least you have a good screen and processor. Even DJI admits the RC is inferior.

One thing I don't like about the DJI RC, is it turns wifi and bluetooth off when you fly. Why don't they let you decide for yourself if you want to do that. Has anyone actually tested what the range difference is between the two controllers?

the reason for the WIFI and blue tooth being turned off ,is simply to reduce the amount of work the processor has to do
what everyone seems to forget ,when it comes to the original DJI RC ,is as a first attempt at a reasonably priced RC with a built in screen ,it actually works very well ,if you accept its limitations
its no different to comparing the original MM to the Mini2 ,now we have a much improved DJI RC2, which has addressed many of the originals shortcomings in the same way that the Mini2 did

the reason for the WIFI and blue tooth being turned off ,is simply to reduce the amount of work the processor has to do
what everyone seems to forget ,when it comes to the original DJI RC ,is as a first attempt at a reasonably priced RC with a built in screen ,it actually works very well ,if you accept its limitations
its no different to comparing the original MM to the Mini2 ,now we have a much improved DJI RC2, which has addressed many of the originals shortcomings in the same way that the Mini2 did
I think the reason DJI gives for turning it off is it interferes with the occusync.

Reactions: mobilehomer
I think the reason DJI gives for turning it off is it interferes with the occusync.
That was in reaction to all the complaints of short range. Then a few reported getting better connection by turning off wifi and BT. So DJI listened and complied. Turns out, it wasn't necessary. But they have not reverted the firmware.

Reactions: shb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas