DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Re-Register as Commercial ?

edgardcafe

Reactions
Hello, guys. I don’t want to make a new post, so I have a doubt about registration.
Before I take the 107 test, I have all my drones registered with FAA, and now that I’m a certified UAS pilot, I guess I have to register all my drones individually, right ? I will appreciate any comments! Thanks you and safe flight!

Hello, guys. I don’t want to make a new post, so I have a doubt about registration.
Before I take the 107 test, I have all my drones registered with FAA, and now that I’m a certified UAS pilot, I guess I have to register all my drones individually, right ?
It's not clear from your post what kind of registration you already have.
If you have recreational registration, you only register yourself as a drone owner and the FAA has no information about what or how many drones you own.
If you have already registered individual drones, that is the commercial registration required for commercial use.
You would only require commercial registration for the drones you intend to use commercially.

Reactions: Thomas B and W5CI
It's not clear from your post what kind of registration you already have.
If you have recreational registration, you only register yourself as a drone owner and the FAA has no information about what or how many drones you own.
If you have already registered individual drones, that is the commercial registration required for commercial use.
You would only require commercial registration for the drones you intend to use commercially.

Thank you for your answer. I have registered as recreational, but Now that I have 107, I need to register the drone that I’ll use for commercial purposes right ? I thought that I will need to register all the drones again. (I have Mavic 2Z, Evo 2pro, Mavic mini and HS 720)Actually, I use my drones just for recreational for now. Maybe one day, I will use commercially.

I thought that I will need to register all the drones again.
And not until you are actually using them commercially.

Reactions: edgardcafe
I moved your question to it's own post as to not hijack someone else's thread :)

Meta4 is correct. I just wanted to expand a pinch....

An aircraft can only be marked with a single registration #. If your drone has your Hobby Reg # on it, you just remove that # (or cover it up etc) and add the Commercial Reg #. The benefit to Commercial Registration is you can fly both commercially and recreationally under that one #.

I moved your question to it's own post as to not hijack someone else's thread :)

Meta4 is correct. I just wanted to expand a pinch....

An aircraft can only be marked with a single registration #. If your drone has your Hobby Reg # on it, you just remove that # (or cover it up etc) and add the Commercial Reg #. The benefit to Commercial Registration is you can fly both commercially and recreationally under that one #.
Thank you so much for your answer! I appreciate!

Reactions: BigAl07
I am glad I found this question as it is the question I was looking for. I am registered as a Recreational Pilot but have just passed my Part 107 and have that Reg # on my drone. so I remove that number and register the drone itself under part 107 then add that number if I understand correctly. thanks

I am glad I found this question as it is the question I was looking for. I am registered as a Recreational Pilot but have just passed my Part 107 and have that Reg # on my drone. so I remove that number and register the drone itself under part 107 then add that number if I understand correctly. thanks

That's correct. :)

I was registered as a Recreational pilot then passed my Part 107 and registered my two drones under part 107. Now I sold one of them. How can I delete it from my listing. I cant seem to find how to delete, only add to my listing. thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bhop786