DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Real world range of Mavic Mini2 in UK/EU

UKMavicman

Reactions
I would like a smaller drone than my old Mavic Pro but read confusing reports about the range of the Mavic Mini 2 I'm considering for use in the UK/EU.

Most reports here seem to be from USA users whose drones are working in FAA/FCC mode. What are real world distances that are achievable here in the UK. Is it a few hundred yards, a coupe of miles or what?

Real world experience of UK/EU users with non-hacked machines welcome!

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveLewin
Furthest I've flown mine is about 800mts away and still had full signal.

I think the limiting factor would be obstacles such as trees and buildings obstructing the line of sight between drone and controller.

Very dependent on environment - wi-fi signals, power lines and signal soon drops even going behind trees etc.

However out in the country were I know I get a good signal I have traveled 2km. I think if you went further then there is a risk of the battery running out before getting home.

Reactions: danfulton
I’m in Australia, we’re on C.E. Standard here. I’ve seen a flight out to 4.5km and back on a windless day without any connection issues. Let’s be clear, *I* wouldn’t do it and I’m certainly not advocating it. I’m just saying it’s been done.

Regards

Ari

If you install the FCC hack (if you have an iphone) the range is excellent. I think the guys name is Florin. Lots of users tests with videos. Appears to be the real deal

I’m in Australia, we’re on C.E. Standard here. I’ve seen a flight out to 4.5km and back on a windless day without any connection issues. Let’s be clear, *I* wouldn’t do it and I’m certainly not advocating it. I’m just saying it’s been done.

Regards

Ari

The people I’ve seen from Australia so far have all been in FCC by default

Reactions: UKMavicman
Alternatively this is cheaper than florin’s:

And for peace of mind there’s a thread on this forum full of users happy to vouch for me:

Feel free to drop me a pm if you have any questions.
I don't seem to have permission to view that page at the moment but have applied for permission to view the software mods area.

Last edited:
Reactions: gb160
Furthest I've got to is about 960mtrs with clear view and NO obstructions!!
Bars go RED then loose signal, if I turn the drone around a bit it sometimes comes back a little?
DJI stated it was my Ipad mini 5 "NEW" or my S21 ultra! could not possibly be there
amazing drone or the new signal strength :).

Furthest I've got to is about 960mtrs with clear view and NO obstructions!!
Bars go RED then loose signal, if I turn the drone around a bit it sometimes comes back a little?
DJI stated it was my Ipad mini 5 "NEW" or my S21 ultra! could not possibly be there
amazing drone or the new signal strength :).
Are you in FCC or CE country as your profile does not say. When you refer to "new signal strength" what do you mean?

I got approx 3 km LOS over fields, no other RF sources I guess. As soon as the drone was approaching populated area, signal was lost and RTH started.
Transmitter position is quite crucial, turning a bit did change signal significantly.

Regards,
G

I would like a smaller drone than my old Mavic Pro but read confusing reports about the range of the Mavic Mini 2 I'm considering for use in the UK/EU.

Most reports here seem to be from USA users whose drones are working in FAA/FCC mode. What are real world distances that are achievable here in the UK. Is it a few hundred yards, a coupe of miles or what?

It's against the UK & EU law to fly out of line of sight, max acceptable LOS limit is 500 metres. The Mini 2 has 6k range in CE configuration, (my car is limited to 155mph, max speed UK 70mph).

Just remember if your out of sight and your drone hits an air ambulance or other low flying craft, you are in trouble !

You will also be bringing our hobby into further regulation due to your contravening of the drone laws if you cause an incident.

Good luck, but don't post your videos on YouTube, they will find you. CAA are proactive.

Florin is done. His developer accounts are frozen.
He fixed me yesterday so you are wrong.

Maybe you should check facts before you make allegations that could damage his reputation.

He has always treated me politely and efficiently.

His Facebook page has been regularly updated explaining what is going on and how it is/can be sorted.

He sorted my problem yesterday within 12 hours of messaging him.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa