DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Really poor footage ,,SD card maybe?

That's pants ... Any ideas yourself?
The intent was to save you time on unnecessary (at least with respect to your issue) fixes. Others might agree that disparaging remarks might significantly reduce any incentive anyone might have to assist you.

The intent was to save you time on unnecessary (at least with respect to your issue) fixes. Others might agree that disparaging remarks might significantly reduce any incentive anyone might have to assist you.
Did I say something to upset you ? I appreciate all the suggestions and help anyone has to offer , all I suggested that if that was going to work then it's one less thing to put my problem right . Obviously I would be over the moon if I got it working again and like I said appreciate everybody's input because I have no idea

That's pants ... Any ideas yourself?
Did I say something to upset you ? I appreciate all the suggestions and help anyone has to offer , all I suggested that if that was going to work then it's one less thing to put my problem right .
You'd do better to only go with things that could have an effect on camera recording and firmware isn't going to be one of those things.
If firmware was the issue, thousands of other users would have the same issue.

So far I'm (still) leaning toward what's been said in posts #10 & #12 because what you've shown looks very much like what you see on your phone/tablet rather than what's recorded on the SD card.
Is this just something you've seen on one occasion or does it happen all the time?
If you shoot a 30 sec test video on your desk, what does that look like?

Did I say something to upset you ? I appreciate all the suggestions and help anyone has to offer , all I suggested that if that was going to work then it's one less thing to put my problem right . Obviously I would be over the moon if I got it working again and like I said appreciate everybody's input because I have no idea
My sincere apologies to the extent I misread, from my experience with Welsh friends and others from various parts of the UK “that’s pants” means useless or rubbish.

You'd do better to only go with things that could have an effect on camera recording and firmware isn't going to be one of those things.

So far I'm (still) leaning toward what's been said in posts #10 & #12 because what you've shown looks very much like what you see on your phone/tablet rather than what's recorded on the SD card.
Is this just something you've seen on one occasion or does it happen all the time?
Thanks for the quick response again , yes it's been a problem for a while now and happens in every recording,, it pretty random about what time in the video it starts , I have looked around but don't know how to describe the issue of the video . I will check the posts you suggested.thanks

My sincere apologies to the extent I misread, from my experience with Welsh friends and others from various parts of the UK “that’s pants” means useless or rubbish.
I really didn't mean to upset anyone ,like I said I appreciate all. yes " that's pants" to me means that's rubbish or similar .no need to apologise.just glad that you know I meant not to offend

Actually some have corrected similar issues by refreshing firmware. Perhaps that's resetting internal variables, but for whatever reason it does sometimes fixes issues only a few have encountered.
Sometimes a refresh (reinstall) doesn't do it where backing down and back up.

You'd use Assistant to manage firmware.

Did I say something to upset you ?

I'd never heard the expression before, but it seems to be an innocent remark . . .
"That's pantsMeaning: It's not great, not very good.

Reactions: bigrbradz
The reason I asked is that your uploaded video is only 720p. It also has a glitch which is not unlike what might be observed with a downlink transmission issue.

Try evaluating 4K footage and stills to ascertain if there is an issue with the camera. My suspicion is this is simply a case of your needing to familiarise yourself with the camera operation and shooting modes.
I have taken out the SD card and just started it up and video was rubbish as it was so eliminate the SD card , bad news ,,, I have updated DJI app but don't know where to go ,

I have taken out the SD card and just started it up and video was rubbish as it was so eliminate the SD card , bad news ,,, I have updated DJI app but don't know where to go ,

SD card was eliminated as the issue since issue appears using internal 8GB storage that MA and M2 have.

No camera settings should do that. It's like the rendering can't keep up with the data stream. Since that's all internal to the AC, that should not happen. FPV feed maybe, but not recordings to AC storage.

I hope you are not looking to cached video on your phone. You know you have to put sd card in drone, right?

I am not trying to be smartass, but I know few people, who didn't know that mavic have sd card slot.

It's
I hope you are not looking to cached video on your phone. You know you have to put sd card in drone, right?9

I am not trying to be smartass, but I know few people, who didn't know that mavic have sd card slot.
It's like that as i am recording... £250 - £300 to look at drone , the possible repair and postage grrrrrrr

I hope you are not looking to cached video on your phone. You know you have to put sd card in drone, right?

Air has 8GB internal storage that can be used instead of SD. Not much, but good to test and rule out SD as a cause, and good if you forgot the SD and need that one shot now.

Air has 8GB internal storage that can be used instead of SD. Not much, but good to test and rule out SD as a cause, and good if you forgot the SD and need that one shot now.
Thanks for response , however tried that tried firmware refresh, it's doing it recording ,but funny thing is it doesn't do it unless Iam recording , as in just moving drone around in my hand,, press record starts misbehaving

It's like that as i am recording... £250 - £300 to look at drone , the possible repair and postage grrrrrrr

Ok, so it's like this on the SD card, cache, on board storage, AND on your screen, it can only be a camera / processing error in the equipment then, surely.
If it's what your device sees too, then it is not the micro SD that's for sure.

I can't recall earlier thread replies and info, do you still have warranty ?

Ok, so it's like this on the SD card, cache, on board storage, AND on your screen, it can only be a camera / processing error in the equipment then, surely.
If it's what your device sees too, then it is not the micro SD that's for sure.

I can't recall earlier thread replies and info, do you still have warranty ?
I don't understand how the camera is fine when just flying though , like I said it's only when I start recording video

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope